Though I talk about it all the time, I didn't really include it in my list of 10 goals for the week. Why? I already exercise 6+ days each week.
Two of my 10 goals does relate to fitness though: #3 and #5.
- #3: I am a fitness instructor.
- #5: I participate in 5Ks on holidays.
I don't consider this the same as the usual fitness resolution.
Since Chalene is in the fitness biz, of course we have to focus a little on health and fitness. For day 4, I have to write SMART (Smallest, Measurable, Achievable, Rewarding, Time-Sensitive) goals for goals #3 and #5.
I'll address each separately.
Let's tackle goal #5 first since I've gotten a head start on it: I participate in 5Ks on holidays.
I ran the week of Christmas and this week and biked outdoors in between. I've already begun. I started with 2 miles and increased to 3.1 miles/5K. So honestly, I've already run a 5K, but I know I'd love to run it faster and to actually participate in an event.
- Run 5Ks 2xs each week - that means I'm running this weekend!
- Get down to 8:30 min miles
- Accomplishing something I've never done
- Time to listen to podcasts
- Time outdoors - come on, I live in sunny So Cal!
Goal #3: I am a fitness instructor.
- Try 2 new exercises each week
Kettlebell, I'm coming back for ya. Tabata interval training also sounds interesting. I also need to learn how to use machines. I do have a free personal training session. This may include classes like CrossFit or step, which I haven't taken since I first got back - just couldn't find the right instructor.
- Changing my regimen and getting better results
- Finding workouts that are more effective for my injuries
- Challenging myself :)
- Being present in my workout
- Gaining/learning to gain self-confidence at the gym again
What are your ongoing health and fitness goals?
What workout format intrigues you? I'm still afraid of CrossFit. It's a challenge I'd like to take this year.
What is the hardest workout for you? Even before I ran, I knew it wasn't as bad as spin. However, I love to bike outside and even on the indoor bike... just not in the class.