Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIAW #3: How to beat sugar cravings


I have a sugar craving pretty much everyday around 3 or 4. It's a lull in the day, I'm changing jobs sometimes or just getting home. I want to sleep. I drink green tea, but it does nothing for me.

Yesterday, I bought chocolate chip mint almonds for that reason. I've had my eye on these for a long time and they were finally on sale for $5 (originally $8 or 9?). They're super good... then I left them in my car and the warm warm day melted them. Big glob. I put them in the freezer and then big frozen glob. :/



After work, mom and I headed to Costco as we waited for my car (brakes changed). We bought dates and cashews for raw recipes. Then I went to Mother's Market for oat flour (with a $1 off coupon), cheaper protein powder, and free samples of xylitol - they seriously read my mind!


I was in luck. I had all the fixins' for another sweet treat: Jamie Eason's pumpkin protein bars.

My little cousin helped me out. :)


I bought a can of pumpkin the other day after seeing lots of pumpkin recipes even though it's not fall anymore.

One bowl recipes win.


Looks good?


A little under baked actually so I zapped it in the microwave for another 3 minutes (on and off). Then I had one. Yum!

I also had everything to make some protein bars a la Protein Pow(d)er: dark chocolate peanut butter protein bars. I made half the recipe and made them half the size of the originals. Cut the kcals with less chocolate too, but they're still pretty substantial.


For tomorrow!

Needless to say I didn't head to TurboKick or Pilates for a second session. That's okay - I need rest for tomorrow's Spartacus Workout!

What have you baked lately?
Do you bake with protein powder? Or you don't hide your desserts, you just eat it? :)

5 comments:

  1. I bake all our sweets. Banana bread happens each week, but the recipe I use is for the bread machine so it is basically no work. Plus there's only 3tbsp oil in the entire loaf (applesauce replaces the rest) so it isn't as bad for me as I would have originally assumed!

    Raspberry chia muffins are popular around here, too. I have to have something sweet everyday and I often crave cake, so a small muffin or piece of banana bread ties me over and prevents me from eating down the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound so good. I was good about eating my protein pumpkin bars - I totally portioned them out. I think bars and muffins work best.

      Delete
  2. I Love to bake. I haven't baked in a couple of weeks because I got a packed freezer filled with muffins and cookies lol.
    I never baked with protein powder before though. I think I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in those Happy Herbivore recipes you make. Post more pics of those muffins and cookies!

      Delete