Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Following bloggers' leads

Today's workout was ridiculous. I dripped so much sweat. I started off a moderate-intense 10 minutes on the upright bike. Then went into the Spartacus workout. Anne of fANNEtastic food did this one yesterday and it looked promising.

I wrote down some goal weights and either exceeded it by a lot or found it much harder than I expected.



Boy was I dying. The T-push ups were ridiculous - my left arm was failing me. But that's the point right? Work to failure.

Here's how I fared with weights:
  • Goblet squat - 27.5 lbs
  • Single-arm dumbbell swing - 20-22.5 lbs
  • T-push up - 12.5 lbs because the 10s were circular
  • Dumbbell row - 12.5-15 lbs
  • Dumbbell side lunge & touch - 12-15 lbs, only 12s for one set because someone was using them
  • Pushup position row - 12.5 lbs
  • Dumbbell lunge & rotation - 25 lbs
  • Dumbbell push press - 10-12.5 lbs, which was actually super difficult... :(

I took a post-workout sweaty picture. It is not cute. I have bags under my eyes and my hair is a mess - it's worse on top too. Look at that sweat still dripping on my lip. Success!



I got props from a trainer though, and she even taught me to do lateral/staggered squats.

With my success in cooking oats last night, I decided to try my hand at overnight oats in a jar.

I found a recipe from Fitting It All In that includes Greek yogurt for protein.
  • 1 tbsp or so of sunflower butter
  • 1/3 c. Quaker old-fashioned oats
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 c. almond milk, unsweetened
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1/2 c. or less of Greek yogurt


It stayed pretty thin, but the oats did get soft and "cooked." I didn't add the bananas in and probably didn't put as much yogurt as required though. Unlike yesterday's apple pie oatmeal, I wasn't as full today. :/

That's okay though since I may have one of these to hold me over:


Last night, before Zumba, I dropped by REI and found Halo bars! They were all over Rhythm of My Mind, a new blog I frequent, and I couldn't find them at Whole Foods. I tried my luck a few stores over and found them! I can't wait to try them.

Reads:

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exercising until it looks like I slept in the rain - have you ever tried Cathy Friedrich's "Kick, Punch, Crunch"? That one is amazing! The nutty marshmallow bar looks very promising as well. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that, but I just looked it up. I prefer live workouts and have tons of workout videos I have yet to get to.

      Delete