Friday, January 20, 2012

Brutal, and a little embarrassing

I recalled a post from Blogilates this morning: embarrassing gym stories.

Here's mine. I was powering struggling through BodyRock.TV's 300 Reps of Brutality. I noticed I was sweating a ton as usual. I look down and... Did I just pee in my pants? Was this workout so hard, I peed a little? You'll never know. :)

I sweat a lot down there because, well, my thighs are friendly with one another. No thigh gap here. But today, it was bad. Even with moisture wicking material.

At least the crotch sweat was balanced out by sweat on my lower back and creases of my legs.

I did get props again from a trainer as I was doing my lunge & rotation combo. He came over, asked me if I worked out the other day, and told me I was doing great. Then he asked me about my shoes, which I answered halfheartedly. Sorry dude, I was working hard.

  • 10 mins warmup on bike - sweaty!
  • 50 lunge & rotation - 25 lb weight
  • 50 dive bombers
  • 50 jump lunge & swing - 10 lbs
  • 50 ugi ball push offs - used a Bosu
  • 100 sumo squats - used 22.5 lb weight in hand
Hardest: dive bombers. I don't have a lot of upper body strength to push my chest forward first.

Surprise: jump lunge & swing. I've got the jumping down, but holding 20 lbs above my head? Not cool. I thought I'd be able to do more. I'll have to work on that.

Easiest/favorite: ugi ball push off. Who doesn't want to feel strong?

Downside: really long reps. I broke down the workout into 2 sets after deciding I couldn't do 50 dive bombers in a row.

First (Shakeology Greenberry was the first) Second meal down: broccoli with melted jalapeno almond cheese...


...and a chicken quesadilla made with the last of my hummus, some melted almond cheese, and goat cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment