I've always loved quotes such as that one. I think the other one goes something like, Live the life you want. To me, that means instead of living my life as is, I live as though I've already accomplished everything. Well, that's tough when I want hot clothes and can't fit into it properly, but for many other things in life, it works.
I want to say I've run a 5K so instead of going to the gym today (and saving the class for Friday because it's the same week to week), I went to the park. I walked for half a mile then started running. I kept my posture up to prevent upper back problems and went for 2 miles... then 3.
It wasn't fast. It ended up being like 9 minutes per mile, but hey, this is me! In high school, I never ran a full mile. Of course, I didn't run in college. I ran a mile on the treadmill last year. More recently, I ran 2 miles around the block but was winded.
Fear conquered. It was just starting to get warm when I finished and cooled down with another half mile of walking.
See the glow of sweat?
After work, which was strange because its been 2 weeks, I went to the chiropractor. My massage was cancelled, but I go back tomorrow for it and to see my x-rays.
Here's the verdict:
- My arches have fallen. This wasn't always the case until more recently, and affects my hips and knees. That explains a lot and my balance has been sucking as of late.
- I have some bunions. Ew. I never knew what they were...(source)
- We did a test by hand and using a machine and found that I had some inconsistencies in my neck and L4, both of which favor left. My L4 is so bad that it's 119% left. Apparently, the L4 is connected to the hip.
After looking at my x-rays, I'll get an adjustment and a massage tomorrow.
In the meantime, I bought arch support to try out.
I also found new-to-me Chobani flavors: passion fruit 2% and blood orange and apple cinnamon 0%. I was so excited! I ended up not getting the passion fruit this time though.
I can't wait to try them! :)
Time to shower and have dinner.
Food for the day:
- Chobani 0% lemon - my favorite thus far
- Chicken & broccoli
- 6" low carb tortilla w/ MaraNatha crunchy PB & 1/2 banana
- 3 bites on vegan mac and cheese
- 1/2 (the frosting part) mini Charlie Brown cupcake - I won a large Charlie Brown [PB cupcake w/ PB frosting] at Pinky's Cupcakery but gave it to my cousin since... that's a lot of sugar!
- Cranberry-ginger oatmeal packet
- Strawberries & apple
Do you run? If so, how did you start?
Have you had foot problems?
Any Greek yogurt suggestions?