Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oatmeal for breakfast

I'm a baker, but sometimes I can make a few successes on the stovetop. Okay, well I can if I follow a recipe.

I eat oatmeal for dinner. It's warm and toasty and has a kick of sweet to it. In the mornings, I'm good and I have salads and proteins.

Today, I made oatmeal for breakfast!* I have some oatmeal recipes in my bookmarks and found Oh She Glows' apple pie oatmeal easy to make. I also had everything I needed.



Voila!


Fluffy and delicious!

*Oatmeal for breakfast was made possible by considering my soul mate workouts. I decided to sleep in 30 minutes and take a Zumba and hip hop cardio class late tonight (6:30-8:30).

Do you eat oatmeal in the morning? It's hard for me to because I like to workout in the morning and try to eat more protein-packed meals to help me recover.
How do you prepare your oatmeal?

1 comment:

  1. -I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning it is my absolute favorite. It gives me so much energy for my workouts. I usually add a tablespoon of peanut flour for some added protein. I get plenty of protein late on in the day.
    -To prepare my oatmeal I add 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of water 1/2 cup of oats and let that cook. Once it is cooked I add cocoa nibs for some chocolate crunch, 2 teaspoons of sugar free jam and like I said pb flour. The topping with oatmeal are endless though that is why I love it. Sometimes I make pumpkin oatmeal but adding in pumpkin at the last second. That is so yum.

    ReplyDelete