Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simple things and feelings

Busy day. Got things done and feelin' accomplished.

Sleeping in.
Today was my day of rest and I slept in till 8:30 (much needed!) then made some needed calls. I will always love The Rush Fitness Complex. I don't care what everyone says about the intense decor or the fact that it's a corporation (especially the Asheville locavores), but they're clean, offer great classes, and didn't make me pay extra for not telling them I moved... till now. I miss it. They're the reason I started loving fitness!

Slow meals. Angela of Oh She Glows makes some rockin' raw recipes and the best oatmeal recipes! She adds chia seeds to give the oatmeal more volume. I always find myself going back to her blog at some point. I made her pumpkin pie oatmeal for breakfast this morning.


My favorite recipes come from Love Veggies and Yoga. Averie posted a recap of her January recipes, and I love so many of them. I rarely find 4 recipes I want to make much less 4 in just one blog.

Teenagers. We got more boys in our class of boys. We only have 2 girls, but I'm okay with that. I love our guys. They're 16 and 17, but geez, do they act like they're 12! I adore them and everything is okay when I'm with these sillies.

I also have some of the coolest co-workers ever. We have similar foodie/fitness interests.

(Almost) freebies. I love free clothes. I'm not a clothing snob. I got free clothes the other day from my cousin's cousin. They're rich and throw nice, almost new clothes our way.

Then, I got to work and find that our store won a company-wide contest! Big deal: we each get 75% off of 5 items. My co-worker and I shopped our store when we found out. I'm thinking of a jacket, 2 pairs of pants, and a bra. Not sure what my last item will be.



More fat. Can you tell the difference between 2% Greek yogurt and 0% Greek yogurt? I sure can. The taste is so much creamier. I definitely like it more and for an extra 20 calories, I can swing this way. I'm totally drooling over this 2% strawberry banana Chobani in front of me. :)



Uncontrollable laughing. I don't know what it was but the other night, I couldn't stop laughing. My mom and cousins just starred at me. My belly hurt. Its been a long time since I've had that feeling.

I'm also quite excited when I make others laugh. I did a play on words in Chinese and my aunt is still laughing... literally 5 minutes later. Such an accomplishment.

More sleep. Second appearance in this blog. I'm deliriously tired after some caffeine-free peppermint tea. I'm already in my onesie, ready for a bed, and the boob tube. Good night.

What makes for a successful day in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Currently... warm clothing, and some coffee.
    Would be better if I was home in my bed though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like Chobani 2% more than the non-fat one... For some reason, the non-fat leaves a weird gritty taste/texture in my mouth.

    Yay on the new clothing and the 75% off on five items. I love a good sale.

    ReplyDelete