Friday, January 27, 2012

Early mornin' ain't so bad

Work at 8? :( Not fun. Seeing beautiful, smiling faces? Worth it and then some. I'm so in love with all of them - they're hilarious! :)

I woke up, dressed, and immediately went to The Donuttery before heading home for my own breakfast (chicken and goat cheese quesadilla on a low carb/high fiber tortilla).

For the teacher, strawberry Nutella donut and PB & jelly donuts. He was hungry and downed one in two bites!


For the kids, blueberry, strawberry, devil's food, red velvet, and apple. They really liked red velvet and I was surprised to see that blueberry was least popular. Still, it all got eaten.


Finals week was intense, for me at least. I helped grade, but I'm not good at it. I end up helping students more, which is closer to my job description anyways. Mostly, I spent the whole 4 and a half hours with two really adorable juniors.

I wore yoga pants of course with recycled t-shirt (great fit, funky graphic) cardigan. My cousin and I got the same cardigan, in the same size, except one was stretched out more in the arms (mine, for my extremely massive biceps... or kinda?) Plus, messy up-do.


After work, I took a 3 hour nap and woke up to workout. It was fresh outside and a bit windy, but I'm glad I didn't go for that run because now the winds are howling.

Instead, I tried Blogilates' newest workout, POP Sculpt: Total Body Workout. The squats were great and my thighs were shaking on the holds. Biceps were least effective without heavier weights. Anyhow, 4xs with this video was quite enough. I was sweaty and I anticipate soreness in my posterior tomorrow.

Dinner was a mash-up: corn melded together with egg whites (shared), broccoli, and chicken in fresh orange juice.


I also packed [in my belly] a Siggi orange ginger yogurt, a couple of pumpkin protein bars, which I'll need to make more of tomorrow, and some ginger and white chocolate "truffles."

They're misshapen but good. *Oops, forgot to flip the picture again!


I made these last night by processing cashews and dates (remember I bought these for this sole reason!) mixed with candied ginger instead of fresh and leftover peppermint white chocolate chunks my aunt incidentally gave me yesterday.

How do you hype yourself to wake up?
What makes you excited about work/school?

No comments:

Post a Comment