Indoor or outdoor? Let's be honest: indoor. I've got my pass to the gym!
Group or solo? I like to workout in groups.
Team or individual? But I want to be an individual within the group.
Dance or athletic? More athletic but a little hip hop to free my soul!
Competitive or noncompetitive? I'm rather competitive so I like to compete with the people next to me.
Slow and steady or fast and furious? Honestly, both! I like slow and steady for my muscles and fast and furious when it comes to cardio.
High-impact, low-impact, or non-impact? High-impact
Music or silence? Music in the background, and I'm not big on music.
Very coordinated, somewhat coordinated, or two left feet? Somewhat coordinated. I like big movements.
The sport you enjoy most is: To play, basketball
What were you doing the last time you felt young and alive while exercising? All the time, but Zumba-ing or hip hop dancing.
What types of exercises do you find mundane or torturous? Spin, but I love bicycling on my own. And running, but I'm doing it.
What kind of music inspires you? Hip hop or Latin fusion not like real Latin music that goes too fast and requires lots of detailed movements
In what kind of environment do you find you work the hardest? Group? Solo? Or a team? Group
What types of activities or sports did you most enjoy in your youth? Kickball, like 3 years ago.
Do you work out harder or with greater intensity when in the presence of others? Yes
Is fashion and people watching interesting to you? A little? They're like background music to me.
Do you need an opportunity to clear your mind and be alone? Yes, sometimes, but working out does that in general.
Do you meditate? I like to breathe while lifting.
If you could go back in time and have really mastered a sport or activity, what would that be? Everything I've done... :)
What sport or activity do you enjoy watching on TV? Basketball and MMA
I've experimented with a lot of workouts and found that I enjoy most of them. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Zumba was instrumental to me finding love of group fitness. You never know what you're going to get though so it's important to find your soul mate instructor.
- Kickboxing and TurboKick kill me. I sweat everytime, and because it's pre-choreographed, most classes will be the same.
- PiYo mixes Pilates, yoga, and strength
- Circuit training by myself though BodyPump helped me start
Ones that didn't work out so well for me:
- Again, as with Zumba, step depends on the instructor. I haven't found that I like it as much.
- Spin is way boring. The atmosphere is dark and I can never figure out if I'm going hard enough. I never know how much tension to use and feel like I'm slacking.
Read more detailed reviews of these and more on my fitness page.
What's your soul mate workout? TurboKick, PiYo, and what I'm trying to do again, Zumba... with the right instructor.
How did you figure it out? Trial and error. Lots of it. I pushed myself to love everything though, including spin, which I went to 2xs/week for a month.