Hey, I'm moving over to Wordpress!
...and I've purchased a domain name so that'll be coming up soon.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
The other day, I got a package in my mail. The kind people at Garden of Life heard me and sent me their chocolate Raw Protein.
I simply blended it with some almond milk, greens, 1/2 banana, and ice. Satisfied my chocolate craving and doesn't hurt my stomach!
Other cravings: wine & cheese while watching the finale of "The Voice."
Apples & delicious Wild Friends' newest sesame cranberry peanut butter - it has a chewy texture.
Our mornings look like this.
Today was crazy winter hat day. I bought this hat years ago for $5.
We finally put lights out. First time ever.
What new foods have you discovered?
What's your favorite yoga pose?
I totally deserve to treat myself today! I finished a quick workout Monday morning, went to work, and I finished 2 assignments for class so now I'm a teeny bit ahead of schedule. I also attempted to but failed at forging a new friendship at work. I'll try again... only because he's adorable! :)
...and today is a longer than usual day at work too. So how do I treat myself?
I love snail mail and was super excited to get my Julep box this weekend.
I heard about Julep a long time ago and finally took their style quiz. I'm a bombshell? Okay...
I got 3 products: 2 nail polishes and a beauty product.
- Zelda: Pink champagne metallic
- Kendra: Army green frost
- Luxe Repair Skin Serum: This rejuvenating serum delivers deep hydration and essential nutrients to help rebuild skin structure from the inside out—for a noticeable difference in the way your skin looks and feels. Designed for all skin types, Luxe Repair can be used as a daily treatment or moisturizer for face, hands, or body.
Zelda is perfect for the holidays: intense glam gold shade with full and smooth coverage. It doesn't smell bad either.
I'm in love...
I also caught up on "2 Broke Girls" with Max's new friend, Deke.
BONUS: Instaclick photo booth picture of Julie and I from Saturday. Takes me back to when my mom permed my bangs in elementary school.
Have you tried Julep? First box is free with the code LOVEJULEP. Just pay $3.99 for shipping. I like it, but I'm low maintenance and am not sure if I would be willing to pay for new polish and beauty every month, especially since I'm not likely to use the beauty product. There are some really good deals on the site too.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
I ate 2 slices of this MARVELOUS small meatball, pineapple, & tomato pizza. My family ate the leftovers. My tummy felt uneasy after though. :(
Saturday, Julie and I were ready for the big day: Indulge L.A.
Julie squared - I'm on the right.
There was more MARVELOUS wine, champagne, and liquor than chocolate...
There might have been more savory than sweet too! Sushi?
Turkey meatloaf in a bao?
Valrhona chocolates, truffles, Breadbar, and the best of the day: MARVELOUS Dirty Tequila (cinnamon and pineapple infused tequila) margaritas! They hooked us up with several drinks!
We spent 3 hours there and then noticed that Clementine was across the street. Like we needed more sweets...
I picked up a chocolate chip cookie to try.
Our day was not over. It was barely 5 PM so we started driving home and stopped in Long Beach. I planned to take her to The Federal Bar (again!), but it was booked for a holiday party. We should have said we were part of the company/our "boyfriends/husbands" were waiting for us.
Instead, we walked up and down the area until we ended up at District Wine. The area around District Wine is much more artsy - there was a crafts fair that evening and a cute coffee shop. All day, we didn't eat a real meal so we had [more] wine and shared a tapas of 3 meatballs. So much for real food!
I slept in on Sunday, did very little yoga, and started baking eggnog thumbprint cookies!*
*The frosting has rum!
I headed to a Meetup group cookie exchange. I had a coconut macaroon from Blackmarket Bakery, a glass of white wine, and played Apples to Apples with some great ladies.
For lunch, my aunt (thanks!) picked me up MARVELOUS healthy roll from Full Moon sushi.
Tuna, salmon, white fish, and crab wrapped in soy paper. I want some more!
I got some MARVELOUS packages in the mail. I love snail mail and can't wait to share what I got!
I spent my evening on homework finally and writing MARVELOUS cards to send this week.
Did you finish your holiday cards?
Did you get cards done? I bought these last year at Target on clearance!
Friday, December 13, 2013
Five reasons this week was great
1. Getting homework done (again!). I even got reprimanded for turning my homework in too early. Sorry but these one per month classes go by too fast and I get too anxious turning in work too close to the deadline.
2. Mug cakes for breakfast (and at night). Easy and filling.
3. Midday coffee run for my co-workers and getting out of work at 12:30. :)
4. Discovering "Family Tree." Chris O'Dowd, will you marry me? I know, he's not "hot," but watch him! Have you seen "Moone Boy" or "The I.T. Crowd?"
5. Meeting these 4 silly boys. Long story short, they asked if I would take them with me wherever I go. :)
1. DIY nail polish storage made from a shoe box and the gift wrap paper I purchased for the holidays (and beyond).
2. Gingerbread house! Check one off my "December to Remember" list!
I picked the Dancing Deer kit for $13.99. Lots of extra frosting and cookies - you build around the box.
My cousin helped decorate it.
I did the top two.
3. I could make this myself. I love ya Yancey!
4. Someone invite me to an ugly sweater party!
1. Pumpkin pie cheese & crackers were served at the holiday baking party.
2. Holiday stout gingerbread
4. Sweet potato fritters with yogurt chive dipping sauce
5. Cranberry pinot noir meatballs
BONUS: If you haven't seen this... Joy, you're killing us: Gingerbread Speculoos & Dark Chocolate Cake!
1. Sandbag here and here with my makeshift bag filled with clothes and some weights.
2. Resistance band workouts are all over the place including here.
3. Stability ball, which I haven't done yet but is on the schedule for tomorrow.
4. Walking every night because I don't have to plan and I did all my homework during the day!
5. Dancing - easy Latin and Bollywood.
1. When did Fullerton become one of the prettiest towns? I may have to revisit during the day...
2. 33 clever Christmas food hacks that are easy and ingenious!
3. How it would look if all humans were bodybuilders
4. 15 reasons why Costco is simply the best
5. I don't have to do anything. I get to workout. I get to go to work. This post seriously changed my life.
Five exciting events
1. Holiday baking party at work. My group make pumpkin whoopie pies and French chocolate truffles.
2. Peter's [surprise] birthday dinner tonight. It'll be a drive for some shabu - I'll explain what that is later... I should get him something though.
3. Indulge L.A. with my friend Julie. I heard there's so much sugar (and drinks) that it's impossible. We'll see about that.
4. Resolution Run, but I'm still not sure if I'm running it or volunteering. Have I told you how much I hate running and I've only ever run one 5K... and I had to train for it?
5. Holiday baking exchange with a Meetup group I joined. It's 20-somethings reading books. I'm thinking about making eggnog thumbprints, but please GIVE ME IDEAS!
What's your go-to cookie recipe?
What's your favorite cookie?