Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide [for me]

Happy Thursday!

Okay, it's actually late Wednesday evening... almost bedtime since I have to be up early. I'm writing notes for this PowerPoint the teacher left me to present. One word: overachiever.

I picked up an extra class tomorrow too (more $ for the holidays) and am going to bake cookies with the staff after school (in an attempt to be more involved and known).

Did you know that yesterday was Santa's List Day? I took this advice and watched a holiday film. I watched a ton of holiday movies in October so I went with a non-traditional film, "Bridget Jones' Diary."

I also put on "Drinking Buddies" while doing homework. Sadly, it wasn't good for the great actors in it.

My plans to drive to Santa Monica to practice yoga with Dice Iida-Klein, walk the Santa Monica stairs, and have dinner there just didn't happen. I ended up staying at school chatting with co-workers and staff for another hour.

No nap either. I tried but got my workout on and walked around outside. I then trucked along with my assignments for this class. There's a lot of it, but I'm fortunate enough to do it during work.

Alright, onto this post: I've seen a lot of gift guides. This is kind of like a gift guide, but it's really my wish list.

New Balance WX20v3 are the only shoes that don't hurt my feet. I've used my old ones for hiking.

ASICS Gel-Sustain TR

Onitsuka Tiger are my favorite, and they last forever even in the washer.

Saucony Bullet are a great casual shoe.

I love the colors of this Ikea flask ($7.99). I don't need it, but it's retro!


It's about time to replace my Life Factory water bottle after 2+ years!

When I lived in Asheville, I took a couple of Bhangra classes. Not much is available around here, but I spent a Saturday morning on Doonya's YouTube video. I love the music!


I want a kettlebell and am into this one-equipment trend.


A good set of adjustable dumbbells would be lovely too. :)

And after that pain, a foam roller.

I definitely need a car charger. This should be #1 on my list.

Blend Retreat 2014
(photo from Me & the Mountains)

Maybe IFBC 2014 - the only thing stopping me is a cheap place to stay. I want to visit Seattle!

What's on your wish list?

1 comment:

  1. Man- too bad about that movie. With those actors, I would think it would be good!
    HOORAY for Blend!! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete