Sunday, December 15, 2013

MIMM: Indulge (pizza, wine, sushi, sweets galore)

Friday night dinner plans were cancelled so I made new ones. I spent an hour making a list and must say, I'm super accommodating because in the end, my friend wanted pizza/pasta and we just went to Mama D's Italian Kitchen in Newport Beach. I love pizza but just had it, and I just don't like pasta... yeah, call me weird!

I ate 2 slices of this MARVELOUS small meatball, pineapple, & tomato pizza. My family ate the leftovers. My tummy felt uneasy after though. :(

Saturday, Julie and I were ready for the big day: Indulge L.A.

Julie squared - I'm on the right.

There was more MARVELOUS wine, champagne, and liquor than chocolate...

There might have been more savory than sweet too! Sushi?

Turkey meatloaf in a bao?

Valrhona chocolates, truffles, Breadbar, and the best of the day: MARVELOUS Dirty Tequila (cinnamon and pineapple infused tequila) margaritas! They hooked us up with several drinks!

We spent 3 hours there and then noticed that Clementine was across the street. Like we needed more sweets...

Joy the Baker introduced this bakery in Bonkers Awesome so I had to go!

I picked up a chocolate chip cookie to try.

Our day was not over. It was barely 5 PM so we started driving home and stopped in Long Beach. I planned to take her to The Federal Bar (again!), but it was booked for a holiday party. We should have said we were part of the company/our "boyfriends/husbands" were waiting for us.

Instead, we walked up and down the area until we ended up at District Wine. The area around District Wine is much more artsy - there was a crafts fair that evening and a cute coffee shop. All day, we didn't eat a real meal so we had [more] wine and shared a tapas of 3 meatballs. So much for real food!

I slept in on Sunday, did very little yoga, and started baking eggnog thumbprint cookies!*
*The frosting has rum!

I headed to a Meetup group cookie exchange. I had a coconut macaroon from Blackmarket Bakery, a glass of white wine, and played Apples to Apples with some great ladies.

For lunch, my aunt (thanks!) picked me up MARVELOUS healthy roll from Full Moon sushi.

Tuna, salmon, white fish, and crab wrapped in soy paper. I want some more!

I got some MARVELOUS packages in the mail. I love snail mail and can't wait to share what I got!

I spent my evening on homework finally and writing MARVELOUS cards to send this week.

Did you finish your holiday cards?
Did you get cards done? I bought these last year at Target on clearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment