Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WIAW: Recovering from Thanksgiving


Who am I to turn down this after school snack? It was leftover from a family member's other Thanksgiving meal. I love lobster - so good!

Lunch this week is leftover Super 7 Salad greens from Costco. The bag came with a poppyseed dressing and pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, but I overloaded those packets onto the salad I brought to Friendsgiving. I kept the greens to myself without any dressing and topped it with chicken breast & avocado.

After Thanksgiving, I needed to get rid of the gunk in my belly - mostly sodium - and bought some Sunwarrior protein powder. I haven't purchased a protein powder in awhile but wanted to beef up my smoothies.

It's cold out so I warm up with a workout. I cool down with a green smoothie: Sunwarrior vanilla, fresh kale/spinach, almond milk, 1/2 banana, frozen mango, and tons of ice.

I picked up "Girl Most Likely" to watch before bed. It's not what I expected from Kristen Wiig but at least I can fall asleep.

I still haven't seen "Catching Fire" because everyone has seen it! I'm more interested in seeing this now...

How are you recover from big meals with too much sugar or sodium?
Do you eat seasonally? California weather and sometimes its produce is about the same year round.

3 comments:

  1. OMG so this morning I made protein muffins with sun warrior warrior blend vanilla!!!!!!! All I did was mix pumpkin with the protein powder and a few drops of vanilla extract and then I baked in muffin tins! And when they were done, I spinkled powdered stevia on top! OMG they were so good - I ate 5! BAHH HA HA HA HA! Rest assured they were small and I only used 2 scoops of the protein, lol! I highly recommend you try! :)

    -GiGi Eats Celebrities
    http://gigieatscelebrities.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy. I'm out of pumpkin though! I don't like the Warrior Blend as much. If you've tried the original, do you find a big difference?

      Delete
  2. Your smoothie sounds delicious. I need to get back into them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete