Five reasons I like day-to-day subbing:
1. No more planning. I had to present a PowerPoint yesterday, but besides that, the students are doing independent work and watching "The American President."
2. Time to do homework. I've used prep periods, lunches, and any downtime in class to do work everyday this week.
3. Working with new students. I haven't worked in a regular classroom in years, and it's not so scary. I also worked with diverse populations including Hispanic, Asian, and Honors classes.
4. Eating when I'm hungry. I can't just eat whenever I want because it's not my classroom and I'm more active.
5. Getting out early. I get up earlier, but I get out much earlier.
Five items I want to try:
1. Garden of Life Raw Protein in chocolate
2. Theo Nutcracker Brittle and some of these other holiday flavors:
3. Anchor Steam Christmas Ale
4. Soft & chewy grain-free gingerbread
1. "Heat" was hilarious and memorable.
3. "The American President" in government class, and it's so good!
5. "Drinking Buddies" has a great cast, but there was no story.
1. My friend made herself a wine countdown, but I'm a beer girl and a beer advent calendar is the best idea this season. I can't seem to find a photo example though.
2. Reverse dieting to repair metabolic damage
3. 10 simple & realistic ways to be more positive - a little basic list of reminders.
4. Women in 1965 could eat 200 more calories than we can now.
5. How to get a hot body (as written by Adam Bornstein) - I did this for 11 hours last night.
6. More Adam Bornstein: The Hormonal Reset
7. Life without the scale
Five things I'm looking forward to this weekend:
3. Maker's Marketplace, a hyper-local holiday craft show.
4. German Christmas Market - it seems as though this is a common event.
5. Holiday Baking Party at work next week
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Any links to share?
Any good movies?