Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunny Sunday and raw recipes

Sunny Sunday


Hangin' with my cousin Catherine


We wore the same cardigan AGAIN!


I made cake batter cashew butter. I roasted the cashews and processed the heck out of them, but the natural oils just wouldn't come out, and I was reluctant to add oil to an already oily nut. So it turned out thicker. I added real, leftover gluten-free red velvet cake from the fridge and Valentine's Day sprinkles.


Since I had the food processor out, I made raw chocolate chip cookie dough. I remember the best ever raw cookie dough was in a "blizzard" from Oh She Glows.


I looked up the basics and altered it to fit my needs.
  • 1/2 c. raw cashews
  • 1/4 c. oat flour
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 bar of dark chocolate filled with Speculoos butter from Trader Joe's!
  • salt, Stevia + raw cane sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk

At first, it was too grainy. I added milk slowly, but I missed the fine line between still grainy and gooey. I only added a touch too much so it's all gravy.

I'm gonna let it sit for a bit before I make them into balls.

Do you make any raw desserts?
What snacks are you packing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment