Friday, December 30, 2011

A little PUSH

After many days of trying to read Spirit Junkie, I gave up. It referenced the Course and was a tad too new-agey for real life (mine, at least).

Instead, I switched over to Chalene Johnson's PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin' Body, and the Life You Deserve! That's a mouthful.


I attempted her 30 Day Challenge, but I found videos too hard to keep up with. I haven't even watched the free videos that came with this book and those were out long before I received my book! I had to log on and spend my time watching whereas in book form, I'm easily able to go at my own pace (even more so). Anyhow, I am literate. :)

10 yearly goals per week (12/29/11)
  1. Get a teaching job.
  2. Become an RD.
  3. Teach fitness classes.
  4. Get my blog out there.
  5. Bike/run 5Ks.
  6. Hang out with friends.
  7. Be up on my bills.
  8. Save $5000.
  9. Consistently look put together.
  10. Traveled and hiked parts of California and the Southwest.

Part 2 is rewriting these goals as if they've already happened.

  1. I am a high school teacher.
  2. I'm in school to become an RD (registered dietitian).
  3. I am a fitness instructor.
  4. I write a blog.
  5. I participate in 5Ks on holidays.
  6. I hang out with friends after work.
  7. I'm on time with my bills.
  8. I saved $5000.
  9. I do my hair and makeup everyday.
  10. I explored San Diego and San Francisco, and saw the giant Sequoias (General Sherman).

Surprisingly, losing weight didn't make it to my top 10. It must be intrinsic. Working out is part of my life to the point where I don't think about it. I suppose I like to organize it and talk about fitness, but there's no more maybe I should work out. 2 years ago, I went from 0 days of working out to 3 and now I've consistently worked out 5+ days each week for a year and a half!

Okay, I haven't read on, but according to Chalene, I will find that as I write 10 new goals every week, I will find some keep popping up. Those are the important ones.

I haven't read on yet. I actually was ahead of myself and did both my priorities (will share - still working on writing the perfect statement) and my 10 goals last night. However, I created another step for myself: daily goals for today (at least).

I numbered them 1-10 to correspond with my 10 yearly goals.

  1. Send in sub application. / Buy a study guide for CA credential exam.
  2. Find out which classes to start taking this summer at the community college and see if I can get accelerated courses.
  3. Find classes at the community college for the summer.
  4. Have a few varying posts. (30 Day Photo Challenge, food, fitness, design) / Comment on 10+ blogs. / Work on inspiration board to send in. / Look into the burpee challenge.
  5. Bike 20 minutes. / Run 2 miles.
  6. Text friend.
  7. Pay T-Mobile and cancel. / Cancel Blockbuster.
  8. Get gas with card then take out $50 cash to use. Don't use card. No fro-yo.
  9. Get my hair cut. / Apply Gold Bond to cracked heels. / Do eye makeup. :)
  10. Go somewhere new. Hike Peters Canyon. / Go for a walk.

Each daily goal should help advance me towards my yearly goals.

Another recommended read is Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr. It's not a diet book like Chalene's isn't really a diet book either. Since I've read this one, I feel obligated to go ahead and read Jillian Michaels' Unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment