Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 becomes 2012

Inspired by Rachel Ann over at The Love Hive, my cousin and I answered these questions watching "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve" and drinking champagne.*

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
J: Got a retail job
C: I went to New York.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
J: Yes and no, I make on-going goals.
C: None available. Didn't make any.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
J: My friends in North Carolina - hi Alexander.
C: My cousin

4. Did anyone close to you die?
J: Yes, my grandfather.
C: No.

5. What countries did you visit?
J: I moved!
C: I visited 2 states: Vegas and New York.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
J: Strength.
C: More money. A college degree.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
J: July 7th when I moved back to California after 6 years away.
C: I can't recall a certain date so I don't know.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
J: Continuing to work out and focus on fitness despite not getting anywhere sometimes. Finding jobs that work for me.
C: Nothing. I can't say anything was noteworthy.

9. What was your biggest failure?
J: Nothing. I don't know, I really don't consider anything I've gone through a failure. Really, when I realized I failed at finding happiness in my last job, I knew there were more opportunities and I could do better.
C: Still stuck at retail job.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
J: A few chiropractic and hormonal prob but not anything huge.
C: No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
J: My bike!
C: I didn't buy it, but I guess it'd be the watch.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
J: My mother and family members for helping me adjust to the move.
C: My parents for helping me pay my tuition.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
J: No one.
C: My friend. It was only for a brief moment though. A week or maybe 3 or 4 days.

14. Where did most of your money go?
J: Being jobless for 3 months.
C: Food and drinks.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
J: My new jobs and loving them!
C: I'm excited about listening to music. I was super excited about going to the rave.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
J: "Moves Like Jagger"
C: Skrillex "Cinema"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder?: J: Happier. C: Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter?: J: Bigger but not by too much :( C: Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer?: J: Poorer, but it's okay. C: Poorer. For me, it's about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
J: Walk more.
C: Probably worked more.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
J: Eating sweets. Disliking my body.
C: Eat.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
J: Relaxed, with family, but not with a big meal. I was happy for that.
C: I watched the NBA season tip-off and I went to "The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo" with my cousin.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
J: With basketball again (on Christmas)
C: No.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
J: "Bones."
C: "Friends." I watch it the most probably.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
J: Nope.
C: No.

24. What was the best book you read?
J: The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo series.
C: Ahaha. I don't think I picked up a book at all in 2011.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
J: Nothing new.
C: Dubstep

26. What did you want and get?
J: New jobs and happiness in my professional life at the very least, and realizing I have become less stressed due to my very stressful last job.
C: It's hard to say. My phone.

27. What did you want and not get?
J: A stronger bod though I've lifted more this year. Results.
C: A girlfriend.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
J: "The Help?" I don't know.
C: "Fast Five."

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
J: I forget. I turned 24. I had a mini mango cake.
C: I went to class and then turned 24.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
J:
C: Having a new car.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
J: Lots of workout clothes, and things that are ugly but had to wear.
C: Laid back and casual. Reserved.

32. What kept you sane?
J: Working out and work (my new one).
C: Music.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
J: The Rock.
C: Mila Kunis.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
J: Not supporting the British and having to continue buying gas from the Middle East.
C: PPACA. The health care law.

35. Who did you miss?
J: My dad.
C: Particular friend.

*We couldn't figure out how to open champagne. Sad because I drank a lot of it a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment