Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hey Mr./Mrs. Smith

Next week I have to start waking up earlier, kind of. I've been forgoing some of the 8:30 AM classes so the time crunch post-class won't be present anymore. I can go in at 7:30 and finish up at 8:30 or 8:45 then get home for a shower and food before leaving for work at 10.

But that's all next week. I woke up at 7:15 and had time to slowly ease into a 7:45 AM workout. I went till 9.

My workout this morning: Fitnessista's Winter Shape Up Week 2. I'm not following the plan, but I liked this workout.


I made some notes on there, but if you can't see 'em:
  • The squats, deadlifts, and bent-over rows killed my back! I learned to use the Smith machine after peeking at others and will be going back to it for better squats.
  • I can up my deadlift weight. I went for 45 and 55 lb barbells. 50 is probably best but I have no clue where that barbell went - there's not even a spot for it.
  • Doing the hill drill on the stair climber was not a good idea. The point is to go till you can't anymore, but then wouldn't I just fall off?
  • For HIIT intervals, I started with biking, which was easy since I was all warmed up. I switched to some plyometric moves after including, alternating jumping jack and tuck jump.
*I'm notorious for writing my workouts down on loose leaf paper. Maybe one day I'll invest in a mini notebook, but I find that it'll get all crinkly anyways and I'll want to toss it out. Plus, I catalog all my workouts here. :)

Post-workout meal: leftover salmon and some broc.


I'm off to see some boys about English. I have some exciting posts coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love the Gymboss timer?! I feel like it is the easiest thing to use in order to create an effective workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! So glad I got it. I didn't need it really until the intervals, but I can't believe I just got it. Most useful workout purchase ever!

      Delete