Friday, February 10, 2012

White chocolate Valentine

My night was rather dull. After my nap, everyone went to bed early (8PM) for work or went to work (till 12AM).

I woke up and fixed myself dinner: chicken and onions (staple!) over Miracle Noodles with tomato sauce and asparagus to top it off.

My little cousin and I decided to get to baking. I made Jamie Eason's cinnamon swirl protein bars for the week.


These are fantastic, and I made sure to be careful so they wouldn't turn out so dense. I love these. Did I mention I'm out of have cinnamon? The container of cinnamon was actually nutmeg! Instead, I put in some peanut flour.

Since we were in the kitchen and had leftover white chocolate, we made white chocolate peanut butter cups. I didn't want to go rustling around for my mini cupcake pan so instead, we used these teeny cups. Though the cups are teeny, we filled 'em to the brim and they're ridiculously large and more indulgent than Reese's.




We went with a Valentine's Day theme. It proved difficult to get them out of the plastic cups - definitely used a knife so not child-friendly.

Finally, because there was still white chocolate left and not a whole lot of it, I made homemade white chocolate & goji berry granola bars, except with cranberries and dates to use our stock up. I decreased the amount of honey and oats because it seemed like way too much.

Those are in the freezer. I hope they hold up.

In the end, I had 2 cinnamon swirl protein bars and ~1 large peanut butter cup.

My clothes are kinda gross. Time to change and hop into bed for some reading. I need to fuel myself with something 'cause I totally forgot to eat enough. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment