Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can I be everything?

While practicing yoga tonight, I came to some thoughts: I am always trying to be everything. I want to be a yogi, a bodybuilder, and a cardio queen. I want to try everything and be good at all of it. I want to conquer it all.

This characteristic is both good and bad. I'm always striving to be better at something, but I get upset with failing and I cease to have fun. I aim for an end and forget to enjoy/savor the process.

So what exactly do I want to be? I need to make a commitment. What am I?

After my yoga podcast session, I came to terms: I'm not a yogi and that's okay. I like to stretch, but I don't mind if I never am able to do eagle. My legs are just a little too thick and too short. I don't need to fly or do any headstands.

I love TurboKick and am pretty good at that (conquered). I was also a Zumba lover and got sick of it.

Right now, at this moment, I want to be okay at those and focus on strength training. I don't need to be super strong, but I'd like to improve all the time.

The break from cardio with the first phase of the LiveFit program is amazing. For two years, I did cardio for at least 30 minutes a day. It was a big deal in my life and I've done so many formats, I've become sick of it. The last two weeks have focused more on strength training and yoga, and I'm lovin' it.

After the 12 weeks of LiveFit, I'm excited to get back into new forms of exercise: Bikram, running, and CrossFit especially. I want to try it all and I want to continue to expand my horizons and challenge my body yet... it all seems like so much - I want to kickbox twice a week, dance once, run once, go to yoga twice, and strength train 3xs at least. That's 9 days of workouts!

While I figure it out, let's get to how my day ended up.

Work, yup. It was packed and we sold a lot.

I went by Three Dog Bakery and got 3 balls: cocoa nibs, peanut butter, and coconut. They're human-friendly too and I tested the chocolate-looking one to make sure it was safe. :)

My 1/2 sandwich kept me full till 5PM. You read right: 5PM! I ate the other half and then a blueberry fiber mini cake at around 7PM before dinner: shrimp and veggies and some of these soy chicken tenders/wings I bought from Mother's. They were on sale of course.

2 of these

(source)

1 of these

(source)

I can't wait to incorporate them into my meals tomorrow! :) Other things I'd like to try: tempeh and Almond Breeze coconut milk blend.

Hm, another day at work tomorrow. I'm watching TV but need to read! I have a couple of books I really want to get to soon: Catching Fire and The Paris Wife.

I did the 11 random things & questions already but wanted to answer Blogilates' questions too.

1. If you were a fruit or vegetable, which one would you be and why? In the end, I'd be a banana. I love apples, but I love that bananas are tough, sweet, and still good for you. I love banana-flavored food more than apple-flavored foods. I'm also a banana according to my family: yellow on the outside and white on the inside.

2. What’s your fave song to sing when you go Karaoke-ing? I can never NOT sing Adele's songs when they come on the radio. I'm not good at remembering tunes, but I know my O-Town and "Thong Song" really well.


3. If you got $1 million tomorrow what would you do? Quit my second job and enroll in school. I'd also book a trip for spring break. Then look for houses!

4. What’s your favorite feature on a guy/girl/whatever sex you’re attracted to? I'm not sure. I find different people attractive... just how they hold themselves. I don't like skinny legs though.

5. What is your ultimate “bad food” or “cheat food”? Mac and cheese and burgers and pot stickers.

6. Have you had your heart broken or are you a heart breaker? Nope. Neither.

7. What superpower do you want to possess? Strength even if it's not useful. :) It'd be a cool party trick.

8. What’s you fave meal of the day? I used to never eat breakfast but it's my favorite now. I eat the best food then.

9. If you could pick your own name, what would it be? I love my name as is. :) I'd name my daughter Julie if I had one (a la Lorelai from "The Gilmore Girls").

10. Which ice cream best describes your personality? Vanilla bean is essential with a kick. It's about 1000xs better than plain vanilla.

11. On the plane, when the flight attendant asks you what drink you’d like, what do you pick? Water or sparkling water because the air in the cabins make me sick and I need to hydrate often.

Do you have a pretty stable workout schedule or do you have phases?
Answer some or all of these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment