Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Falling foward (LiveFit Day 16)

I can barely walk! My belly is full and my legs are extremely sore. I'm not sure if it's a late reaction from yesterday or because I redid single-leg deadlifts today. Anyways, I might fall on my face.

I was woken up and not necessarily tired - just grumpy. Breakfast made me feel better: egg whites and oatmeal.

Then I went about 5-10 minutes later to the gym. Luckily, it wasn't packed today.


Oops, blurry. Today is LiveFit Day 16: biceps and back. More exercises!

  • While on the elliptical, I eyed the gym for the machines I needed and easily found the hammer strength lat pull down. I enjoy working my back! I can push myself with 80s for about 5 reps.
  • I did the same weight with the wide grip lat pulldowns & seated cable row.
  • New for back was the back extension and t-bar row. I like the back extension a lot and am glad I get to do it. I could have used a heavier weight with the t-bar, but I couldn't lift anything and put it back. I used a barbell since I didn't see any loose bars for loading.
  • On the bicep front, I did so much better! I started with preacher curls since the machine was free and alternated between 30s and 40s.
  • I was more comfortable with alternating hammer curls - 12.5s were perfect and I didn't struggle this week. I tried to pick up the 15s but to no avail.
  • The barbell curl has always been problematic for me. I did 10s on each side (20 lbs altogether) in BodyPump and was in pain usually. However, 20 was perfect today. I did one set with 25s and realized that my right arm is weaker! Wha??
  • Finally, the incline dumbbell curl was awkward. I thought it would be easier since I had weight on my back, but this was not true. I had to have more control of my arms...
  • Since I rushed my workout yesterday, I finished off with 2 sets of single-leg deadlifts. I felt them though my back hurt a little from it.
I'm not sure what this part of my arm is called but it's my favorite! Not my bicep and not my shoulder really.


My traps(?) are also quite developed, and I don't work at them...

While I took these pictures, I wanted to show my painted toesies. Right foot not so bad, but the left one has a more pronounced bunion. I'm keeping track of them so I won't need surgery... well, ever!


This is getting picture heavy, but here's now I'm doing on the LiveFit program:

Battle scars/stretch marks on my stomach. I have them on my upper thigh too.


I made myself a post-workout protein shake with unsweetened chocolate almond milk and 1/4 c. of Fage 0% since I'm still waiting on the bananas to ripen. I also packed my lunch - same thing as the last few days: English muffin with egg whites, soy cheese, and spinach.


After work, I took my cousin out for ice cream. Dinner came soon after: sweet potato with nutritional yeast, onion powder, and chipotle powder, 1/2 boiled eggplant with spaghetti sauce, mini peppers, and soy chicken tenders on a bed of spinach.



This made me so full. I had to take my plant enzyme, probiotic, and drink an apple cider vinegar drink then walk around before I felt less pregnant...

We needed regular 2% milk and almond milk for me so we headed to Trader Joe's. I also found a Pure Protein shake.


My manager at my night job had this last night. Considering she's got a fantastic body and is a doctor of holistic medicine (or something like that), I trust her. I looked at the stats and was right:


Honestly, it's not much more protein per calorie than my protein powder, but I don't like my protein powder with water and almond milk ups the cals. I'll have to find more of these!

I spent the rest of the night so far reading ALL of the February Foodie Penpal posts and responding to a ton of them. I loved seeing all the granola and bars - everyone seems healthy. I saw lots of Justin's Nut Butter and Dark Chocolate Dreams.

And now I have the TV on and it's "American Idol." I never watched these shows, but it seems I've gained an affinity for them as of late.

"Asians can not only score high on the SAT but can also sing." - Heejun Han

I'm voting for him. Let's get it. ;)

I'm stopping this madness (at 10 when it ends) and putting in "The Big Year." I rented it this morning and can't wait to see it! I love actors like Steve Martin.

What protein powder do you use? Or are you a proponent of getting your protein in food? For the amount I want, I need the supplements. I love Tera's Whey bourbon vanilla and would get it all the time if I could afford it.
What's your favorite bicep exercise? Hammer curls work best for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who drinks apple cider vinegar! I do it first thing every morning - talk about a good wake up!

    For protein powder, I've started using Sun Warrior. Low cal and high protein. It makes a great shake, but you do have to blend it with some sort of fruit or sweet potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with some lemon juice and water. It's so much cheaper than buying the Bragg's drink!

      I've never mixed my protein shake with sweet potato!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are liking LiveFit. I tam thinking of trying it after insanity. Keep up the good work!
    -for protein powder I use Sun warrior vanilla. I love the vanilla taste. I do and try and get protein from food but I feel after a workout I need something and protein powder adds that something.Also I love it in my oatmeal.It is just another easy way to get protein.

    ReplyDelete