Friday, February 24, 2012

Matcha-Ginger Banana Protein Shake (LiveFit Call Out #1)

Part of the LiveFit challenge (with fitness model M.C. Barao) involves something called "call outs." The first call out is to make my own protein shake, and I love to get creative with my food. Especially the ingredients...

I made a green tea-inspired smoothie with matcha powder.

Matcha-Ginger Banana Protein Shake

  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tbsp matcha (green tea) powder
  • dash of ginger
  • 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (optional)
  • 1/2 banana (omit if you'd like)
  • as much spinach as you want
Because of the half banana, the taste is very banana-y. I would omit the banana and replace with a little more Greek yogurt. However, I liked the mild taste of green tea, which muted the banana-ness.

I made this tonight but will be having it tomorrow. :)

What is your favorite thing to put in protein shakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment