Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIAW: Free [leap] day (LiveFit Day 17)


I've been quite the grump lately and I'll admit it. I'm not even actively trying to change my attitude. I just need sleep. Every morning, I get woken up. I sleep 11:30 or 12 to 7 everyday and this has always been fine until everyone started to fall asleep at 9PM everyday. Seriously, that's insane.

I'm also still sore and the soreness is pretty bad - I can barely sit down. :/ And tomorrow is leg day again!

Okay, on to today. I laid in bed for an extra 30 minutes trying to sleep before it was time to go.

Breakfast was the usual eggs and oatmeal, but I had made an egg white bake with peppers, spinach, soy cheese slice, and salt last night so it was much better!


I ate 1/4 of it for breakfast, 1/4 of it for lunch, and 1/4 as an afternoon snack. For lunch, I also enjoyed half an English muffin with the last bit of my chocolate banana bread hummus and half a banana.




And for my afternoon snack, I picked up Justin's honey peanut butter on the way home (thanks to a $1 off coupon) to go with the other half English muffin and some almonds.




In class, I made a to-do list. Costco didn't happen. :/ I'm watching "The Big Year" so I can return it then hitting the books tonight.



My legs are still sore, particularly my hamstrings. My back is also a little sore from yesterday, and I'm sure today's workout will be tough: chest and triceps.



My chest and tris are especially weak. I would say triceps are my weakest.
  • Wide pushups were okay, but I saved the last set till the end... and died.
  • I can do incline dumbbell presses pretty well in my opinion and can't wait to get to 20 pounds.
  • My chest flyes(?) need work, but unlike before in BodyPump, I feel these chest exercises in my chest and not my shoulders! :)
  • I almost slid off the bench with decline flyes. How embarrassing would that be.
  • One of the most surprising things: bench dips! They're comparable to narrow pushups, but I'm able to do them with a lot of struggling. However, I was able to do them and not completely struggle! I also fully used my triceps in this move. Woohoo!
  • Another new move is the barbell tricep extension. It's another BodyPump move that previously hurt my shoulders as well. Not today! I really enjoyed it actually.
  • I'm slowly developing my overhead tricep extension strength. Another yay.
  • The last move with the cable extension was super difficult for me. Cables give me such trouble - I can do pulldowns but not this odd move. I'm not even sure it worked out my tris so much.

I just mixed 1 1/2 scoops of protein with water for a simple post-workout shake.



Finally, dinner and it's real chicken instead of soy and a combo my cousin recommended: rice cake and peanut butter. I had been meaning to buy rice cakes since it fits into the LiveFit plan.



And before bed, a Chobani Champions honey-nana. I got a 4-pack on manager's special for $2.49. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love rice cakes and peanut butter...one of my favorite snacks...and that egg bake looks delicious! When I am really sore from my workouts I love my foam roller...it hurts like heck when you are using it but it helps alot. Any questions, just ask:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I forgot to stretch on the foam roller.

    ReplyDelete