Friday, February 24, 2012

Awkward conversations

It got late early! I got home around 8:30 after picking up some almonds. I was craving them, and remembered a deal at Sprouts on my way home.



I had also stopped by Trader Joe's for yogurt (for my DIY protein shake & snack) and can of dog food and saw all sorts of yummy trail mix. I plan to make trail mix with the almonds.

Okay, to recap today, it was a rest day for me. I made M.C. Barao's banana boat breakfast protein shake. I cooked the oats the night before like she suggested. I used PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and only half a banana.

I drank it on my way to get my hair cut. Finally! I was there when they opened and got it done in less than 30 minutes. My hairdresser put in some Moroccan oil to smooth down my hair.


So... it looks nothing like Alexa Chung's hair. It was just a trim and fix up of my layers, but once I put some waves in it, I can make it look like hers. It's the glory of flat, straight hair.

I was tired (see my face?) and next to Adam Avenue Coffee. There was a group of 6 younger guys (about my age?) there. I don't see many of these get-togethers unless it's some sort of religious gathering. Maybe?

Yeah, I need to do my nails... once they grow out a little.

I had a long day ahead and needed Kean Coffee (best coffee around). I had a fun day at my morning job with the kids then headed to my second job.

I ate a blueberry fiber mini cake between jobs to hold me over till I dove into my dinner (same as lunch - tilapia with mini peppers).


I had energy and wanted to chit-chat with customers, but oh man, EVERY SINGLE PERSON I talked to was so weird. I only had awkward conversations all night. The clientele of the area is wealthy and used to being catered to, and talk down to me. Or they like to tell me all their problems.

Anyways, I work the next couple of days as well. Though the next two days are days off from working out, I'd like to do something tomorrow and some yoga on Sunday. My Turbo instructor is out so I'll do something else... maybe head to the farmer's market?

No comments:

Post a Comment