Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Leg day is my coffee (LiveFit Day 3)

Cold. That's how I felt this morning and all last night. I was shivering and could hardly sleep. So I definitely wasn't happy about getting up.


I haven't eaten too many veggies since eating my egg white bakes. I put broccoli and spinach in them, but I need to diversify with more colors!

I wasn't hungry when I woke up, but I ate something warm: egg white bake and oatmeal once again, with some tea.

Still cold... I look so happy to go workout.

I got on the bike for 5 minutes and decided to just get my LiveFit Day 3 workout over with. Well, once I started, I couldn't stop! Legs are MY day! I did an extra set here and there.
  • The man before me had the leg press machine set at 170 pounds. I started off at 130 and realized I could do much more. 150 was a challenging enough weight, but I played with 170 pounds.
  • Leg extensions were painful, but I loved them. They worked my thighs - always welcome! Unfortunately, they didn't have a setting for 60 pounds because I was in between.
  • I quickly realized the Smith machine allows me to do more on squats weight than with a barbell. I added more and more weight.
  • Same thing with seated leg curl. I could do 40 pounds if they had it, but I decided to struggle with 50 pounds.
  • I held a 55 pound barbell to do standing calf raises. There's no machine at the gym. I could have gone up but then I wouldn't be able to put the barbell back on the rack. :/
  • Since they didn't have a standing calf raise machine, I didn't expect them to have a seated calf raise machine. I used the leg press for this exercise and did 150 pounds. Not sure if this is right, but I'll make sure to head to a bigger gym next time.
Post-workout, I made myself a protein shake with a packet of Vega Performance Protein. I found them on sale yesterday and bought some to try. It has a faint coconut taste to it.
Today's meals include another egg white bake. I used a little chocolate cheddar in this one.

I also made another batch of cinnamon swirl protein bars. I had to use a round Pyrex so I have pizza slices of them.

I can't wait to get to work (school). Last night, I remembered to pick up a few snacks for one of my favorite student's birthday.

I must've felt the love last night - I agreed to work a shift tonight!

What is your favorite muscle group to work out?

1 comment:

  1. hey julie! way to push through a workout. I heard good things about livetrainer. Keep it going and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete