Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Givin' my heart a break (LiveFit Day 2)

Boy oh boy was I tired. I was sore and not just from working out in general. My chest and triceps were sore! I'm excited because that's definitely a sign of progress.

LiveFit Day 2 proved easier. I didn't do any cardio! I'm sure it will be harder to avoid cardio in the days to come. Today was just an anomaly because it should've been a rest day. My heart muscle thanks me for givin' it a break.

I'm not a fan of bicep work but was excited to work on my back.

  • It was 37.5 pounds or 50 pounds for wide grip lat pulldowns. I started with a few at 50 but realized I couldn't do that for long. I'm somewhere in between.
  • My favorite was the one-arm dumbbell row. I rocked it.
  • The seated cable row ended up being a single-arm cable row. One side of the machine was broken.
  • I felt the underhand cable pulldown much more than the lat pulldowns, partly because it relied on my triceps some.
  • Dumbbell curls xs 3... I was dying by the end and could barely lift the weights. I'm fearful of shoulder day now. While my shoulders are quite strong, I work them out when I do any upper body workout so they'll be sore already.
Check me out... hahaha

Breakfast: oatmeal & cottage cheese.
This cottage cheese is tangy, which it mentions on the container. So weird.

Post-workout meal: egg white bake & protein shake (same as yesterday).

I felt sick around lunchtime. My stomach was in so much pain so I left early and came home for an hour nap.

I woke up to go to eat (egg white bake & slice of bread to settle my stomach) and go to my second job. Still had a stomachache, but it went away 2 hours later. :/

I ate 2 more cinnamon swirl protein bars, and thus exhausting my supply, and the rest of my egg white bake.

I rented a couple of movies free from redbox, but it's rather late and I'm working all day tomorrow. I might not even get to them. I chose a Dean Cain movie and something I can't even recall!


How was your Valentine's Day? I worked all day and came home to make my meals for tomorrow since I'm taking an extra night shift tomorrow.

A little treat from Sensitive Sweets! Not for me though.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, we basically had the same Valentine's Day then - except mine ended with that movie "Don't Be Afraid of The Dark". ^^; Its great to always see your progress, Julie! Its really inspirational!

    ReplyDelete