Thursday, February 16, 2012

To go or not to go [the extra mile] (LiveFit Day 4)

Really enjoying breakfast: oatmeal and egg white bake


LiveFit Day 4: shoulders :)


and abs. :(

Cankles?



I slept well so my shoulders felt okay - usually they're just sore from other upper body workouts. It's strange seeing all these small weights! The workout was pretty simple. I only had to use dumbbells for shoulders and the ab work was familiar. I chose to do an extra set and then another set with lighter (5 lb) weights.

I felt a bit of soreness in my legs from yesterday and felt the work on my chest and triceps from Monday. Yet I haven't feel anything in my biceps!

Vanilla Vega Performance Protein today with 2 cinnamon swirl protein bars


Work
Just one job today! Woo! I had to work as a one-on-one, which isn't much fun when my normal schedule has cool kids. I chose to go today though because the teacher I went to caught me yesterday and told me, I'm one of the best aides he's had in years and he wants to do my next review. That just motivates me to want to do more! Plus, it's an honor coming from this teacher - he's experienced and knowledgeable. On paper, his plans look plain, but his classes are so intriguing! I've said it before: I'm enjoying science so much more now.

I decided to help one of my favorite students with math. Last semester, he went from a D to a B, but now it's getting harder and he's shutting down/giving up. He's also having problems at home. My plan is to come in earlier on Tuesdays and Thursdays and volunteer during his study skills class where I will help him in math. However, I can only do this on days when I don't work both jobs or else, I will be dying.

After work, I went to the school's library to get the next book in The Hunger Games series. Unfortunately, they were out. Good thing because honestly, I need to study (doing it right now by the way!).

I had the chance to print out all of the LiveFit Phase 1 printouts and do a bit of shopping:

1/4 of a thinkThin bar with a $1.00 off coupon. This flavor was delicious.

$1 off coupon for Justin's Nut Butter too.


I've had their honey peanut butter and didn't like it. After reading Live Laugh Eat's review, I decided on the chocolate hazelnut butter, which was almond 2xs the price of their peanut butter. Worth it though because it tastes like Nutella but with more recognizable ingredients.

It's thick! No spreading on bread.


Dinner: 1/2 package of Miracle Noodles with spinach, chicken, and tomato sauce


I'm hungry again... 2 hours later. :/ Time to study and find myself a snack.

Are you motivated by praise? I definitely am when it comes to something I already love and succeed in. When I get praised for a big sell at my other job, I know it's a tactic to make me sell more. We have productivity charts!

1 comment:

  1. That nut butter looks amazing! I never tried that brand before. After seeing that picture I am going to have to pick some up next time I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete