Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Better workouts, better food (LiveFit Day 9)

I've been sleeping well. On the couch. I woke up and was not quite excited about doing biceps. First, I had to feed my body and my little cousin's. She's been sleeping early and waking up earlier than usual so I made her bacon and a grilled cheese (her bro had the other half). I made a whole egg and soy cheese over a slice of bread.

Despite my nervousness, I had a good workout. I found machines to use!

  • I accidentally did overhand cable pulldowns instead of underhand so I just did them again.
  • I found the seated cable row machine. It was set at 60 lbs for the girl before me so I decided to go higher. I went up to 80 lbs but couldn't complete the sets.
  • Alternating dumbbell curls were doable! Woo!
  • I used the preacher curl machine and it isolated my biceps, which made the alternating curls better. The right muscles were already warmed up to work.
  • Standing bicep curls still ended up being tough.
I made a protein shake afterwards and added spinach (for more veggies) and half a banana.

I packed a lunch of broccoli and a turkey burger.


I stayed a little longer at work then came home for a nap. All the math and trying to reteach it is frustrating. :/

I woke up and made dinner. It was a repeat of yesterday: tilapia with onions and bell peppers over spinach and sweet potatoes.



The sweet potatoes were different from my almond butter ones yesterday. I cut them up and garnished with salt, onion powder, chipotle powder, and some nutritional yeast.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm that turkey burger looks fat, and delicious!! Like, super juicy, haha! I hope you have a great day Julie!~Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! They came out HUGE! I used the lean turkey instead of extra lean to give it more flavor.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete