Saturday, February 4, 2012

Eleventh hour

Ashley of Rhythm of My Mind tagged me an 11 thing survey. Exciting stuff. :)

#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

11 random things
  1. I eat gluten-free baked goods but I'm not gluten free. I keep going back to Sensitive Sweets, a local bakery, because I like the chewiness of food.
  2. I want to try every variety of peanut butter out there. Speaking of that, I need to buy new ones online.
  3. I can indeed live without peanut butter. I found out when I didn't have a jar for almost a week. Okay, half a week!
  4. I love science a lot more now than ever before, especially space-related science. I would love to teach science one day as well.
  5. Green tea doesn't affect me anymore. I can sleep through it. I don't think coffee has ever done so either.
  6. I don't know who is running for President, except Ron Paul, but he always runs. I need to keep up with the news!
  7. I played kickball with friends a lot one summer. Craziest summer of my life that involved staying up till 6AM playing beer pong.
  8. Speaking of that, I was a beer pong champ. My partner made 0 cups and I made all 6 to beat 2 guys. I got tons of bruises and looked like I was getting beat up at home.
  9. I participated in one event thus far, called The Field Day of Awesomeness. I can't fit into those pants anymore. WTF.

  10. I've hosted a number of keggers in my life, and had as many as 50 people in my home. Best birthday ever, but here's a typical night:
  11. Every guy I've seen has participated in selling some sort of illegal substance. Not kidding.
11 questions from Rhythm of My Mind

1. What is you favorite thing about the place you live?

Sunshine, most of the time. I live in Southern California so I have the luxury of being choosy about places I shop and everything is close by but my absolute favorite thing: the immense about of vitamin D.

2. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Making exercising as a habit and eating healthfully have been great accomplishments. What's better though is the accomplishment that set it all in action: finding my passion for teaching.

3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I see myself in my classroom and teaching fitness classes. Of course, I'm also fit and dressed well. :)

4. Who is your biggest role model?

I've learned a lot from others, but honestly, I've made mistakes myself and worked hard to overcome them. That sounds terrible right? A few of my role models are fitness models like Tosca Reno and Jillian Michaels. I also love bloggers, particularly Joy the Baker and Tracy shutterbean, who I feel like I know because of their podcast. :)

5. What is your favorite vacation destination?

Continental U.S. including Austin, New Mexico, Portland, Seattle, San Fran, and Denver. Or Australia and England. Though if this is a been-there question, my favorite trips have been to Calgary (Canada) and to Atlanta.

*Note to self: Watch a movie with a setting like the one in "Waiting to Exhale."

6. What is your favorite subject to blog about?

Fitness! I've probably already done it and I feel successful. And food that I make too.

7. What is your favorite type of music?

Apparently I like Latino top 40s. When I moved back, it had been 6 years so I forgot all the radio stations. I went through and picked ones with promising music and 96.3 is my go-to.

8. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Being late. I hate being late! The idea stresses me out, and I'm never late anyways. I dislike when others are late.

My cousin and I found out we also hate "snitches." Haha. I have to tell you the story: my cousin's daughter (in high school) got called all sorts of profane words because she saw another girl cheating on a test and broke out her cell phone camera to catch her. She then sent the picture to the teacher! Really?! As an adult, what are your views?

9. What was your biggest fear when you where little? Do you still have it?

I hated dogs so much, but of course, I like them okay now. I'm sure I have tons of other fears that I don't think about anymore.

10. What is your go to meal?

Chicken of any sort with Greek yogurt

11. If you were only allowed one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?

PB and banana sandwich on warm and doughy bread

11 new questions
  1. What fitness class/activity can you imagine yourself teaching?
  2. What do you wear all the time?
  3. What's your favorite big city?
  4. Who could you spend every minute with?
  5. What reality TV show would you be on?
  6. What colors do you gravitate towards?
  7. What is your fondest high school memory? (Sorry, I work at a high school.)
  8. Where do you buy all your fitness wear?
  9. Who is your fit role model, and who is your foodie role model?
  10. Which is your favorite blog?
  11. What new non-food/non-fitness thing can't you get enough of lately?

If you'd like to do this, please do and let me know. I'm tagging a few people who have commented on my blog before:

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your SoCal sun!
    It's rainy where I live right now haha. I neeeed summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I don't know if hitting reply on your comments actually let's you know, so I'll reply here just in case)
    Big fan of George St. Pierre right now. But also John Jones, Lyoto Machida and Alistair Overeem.

    ReplyDelete