Sunday, February 5, 2012

Found it!

I went to barre this morning and there was a sub. There were a lot less people today than usual. I didn't really feel the workout, partly because my knee is bothering me (only when I bend it and put pressure on it like in child's pose or to get into bed) and partly because the exercises were not favorable. I didn't feel like I got much of a workout. :(

The studio has such pretty wallpaper.


I rushed home expecting to go look at houses with mom but decided not to.

Instead, I took time to eat my lunch: turkey meatloaf (kind of dry and tasteless) with spinach, goat cheese, and cranberries in a peanutty vinaigrette.


And then I was off buying pieces for my Foodie Penpal! Yup, I joined Foodie Penpals via The Lean Green Bean. I actually e-mailed her yesterday to request it and got a reply this morning. I'm so excited to do this since I've always wanted to!

Shopping on a pretty day like this was fine with me.


Look what I finally found! It's green tea Kit Kats!

The green tea taste is muted so it's very much like white chocolate.

I made myself a PB & banana wrap while driving. Bad idea but so so good. Be on the lookout for more of these this week.


Another thing you're seeing again: Chobani 2% strawberry banana. I had this yesterday and today!


I got new clothes today! We got a huge amount off for winning a company-wide contest. I purchased 3 items and have 2 more to go. I got a bra, jacket, and capri leggings. I'll share later.

Finally, as you know, I keep track of my food intake daily. It's almost obsessive though I did experiment and find that I could live without it. Nowadays, I use it to make sure I eat enough and enough of the right stuff.

Here's how I fared for the week:


I've made sure to eat at least 1200 calories everyday. It usually is between 1200-1300.

I've been upping my protein intake, but I'm concerned now because it seems excessive?


I read the side effects of too much protein and um, have some of those issues. Though again, I don't want to rule out other factors for such problems.

I'll read more about that later and see what's going on. In any case, I'm excited to find Davey Wavey's blog. I'm not a fan really, but Blogilates talked about him so I'll see what he has to offer.

I'm going to read more of The Hunger Games and hit the hay. I woke up early today despite sleeping late last night.

Did you ever have a penpal?
Do you keep track of your macros? How?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't really understand the importance of the macros in my diet until recently, so I'm still playing around with certain ratios right now. All I know is that I need to get around 80g of protein a day.

    I need to read The Hunger Games!! It's on my nightstand and I haven't even opened it yet! Argh! Bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo I made my protein requirement today! It was 88 grams.

      Read the books! They're really easy to read, probably cause they're made for 'young adults.'

      Delete
  2. Hey Julie are you on a diet 1200 is pretty low?

    ReplyDelete