Friday, February 10, 2012

Rising with the moon

Do you see the moon? I woke up at 7AM and we had gorgeous weather, but I saw the moon. It's a teeny dot above a tree to the middle-left.



I like this whole waking up early thing. If only I slept earlier.

Today's workout: kettlebell workout with some bicycling/stair climber to start. I actually used dumbbells or barbells because I wanted to do more weight.

Exercise

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Around the world

20 #

22.5 #

25 #

Bent over row

35 # barbell

35 #

17.5 # dumbbells

Deadlift

55 # barbell

45 #

45 #

Figure 8

17.5 # dumbbell

20 #

20 #

Half get-up Lunge

45 # barbell

45 #

45 #

Kettlebell swing

20 #

27.5 #

30 #

Front squat

27.5 #

30 #

30 #

Windmill

20 #

20 #

20 #


The workout took me <1 hour, which includes 15 minutes of cardio.

In terms of difficulty, it wasn't very hard. The around-the-world and figure 8 got into my stomach area and is therefore always appreciated. I ended up not doing half get-ups because there wasn't a lot of floor space (and it would be awkward). And I had to switch the dumbbells with my bent-over rows because by my 3rd set, the lifting area was packed!

I should've worn my gloves. This isn't bad, but it hurt. Such a weakling...



After a shower, I did dishes and sat outside to have lunch. I heated up 2 turkey meatloaves and plopped it on top of spinach with some cranberries, massive amounts of goat cheese, and peanut dressing. Of course, it wasn't all for me. I made the second meatloaf and goat cheese for the dogs.

I had another egg white English muffin for lunch! So delicious and filling especially since my morning meal left me hungry. I bought the kids a couple of pizzas for our February birthday celebration day, but I didn't partake. :( Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment