Monday, February 6, 2012

Icky overcast day

I got dressed and decided against the gym. 1) Molly wasn't teaching TurboKick. 2) I didn't feel like Zumba. 3) I was invited to coffee with the morning aides.

I grabbed all my bags. Yup, backpack with my laptop, work bag, and gym bag for tomorrow.


I met up with the ladies for coffee. They had fancy drinks while I just did a tall (small) regular coffee. That kept me chatty. We talked about our lives rather than work. It was fun and I met one of the morning aides I've never talked to. I liked her a lot.

I ran errands and had some time left. I went to the park across the street from work. Creeper alert? Nah, I'm pretty safe lookin'.

I swung on the swings away from the children and looked at my phone. Don't do it! I got motion sickness hence I look kind of icky here.


It was such an overcast day. Without my morning Shakeology kick, the downturn of my coffee kick, and lack of sweets, I had to stop by from a Goddess of Greens. I drank half and saved the rest for later.


Then work #2. I got off at 7 today and made it through another day with the icky supervisor. She did get better towards the end.

Now that the holidays are over and we don't get bombarded with that music, we are back to the same ol' thing. Actually, we've had a new rotation, but today, we got some old ones back. There are a few I like that I finally recalled:

I've never heard this on the radio, but it's so beautifully done by two amazing singers. I did Pilates hundreds to this song in a particular class back in North Carolina.


You need to hear the whole thing.


I got myself a free yogurt at my favorite yogurt place, Icicles in Corona del Mar. They're more expensive, but I had been there enough last year to garner a freebie. I haven't had frozen yogurt since last year! I got peanut butter and cookies and cream. They have the best peanut butter yogurt.

I need a hair cut so badly, but I am not willing to pay $14 for a hair cut when the coupons that come around get it down to $6.99! I'm cheap-o when it comes to hair cuts!

Okay, back to what I'm watching "Smash." I think it's the premiere I think. Katharine McPhee is singing Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" right now, the exact clip from the commercials, and it's beautiful. She's beautiful.



Eek, I need to put together my workout for tomorrow. It's a boot camp circuit from Heidi Klum's trainer! Luckily I'm home and can print it! :)

What do you drink for stimulation? Coffee, tea, energy drinks? I have Shakeology and tea, but tea doesn't do much for me. I sometimes have coffee and that may or may not give me a kick.
If you get to work too early, what do you do? A lot of the time, I just sit in my car and play on my phone. I decided to do something different today.

2 comments:

  1. $14 haircut is amazing! I don't know what is up with my city, but I had a hard time finding a place that would cut my hair for $40. Usually it's more like $55+. -_-;
    I drink coffee every morning. If I feel slumpy in the afternoon, then I might have a powernap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to those cheap chains 'cause my hair looks the same no matter what I do to it... and I've tried those $40 places too.

    ReplyDelete