Saturday, February 25, 2012

1st ever family brunch

Being indecisive about a workout meant that I'd eventually skip it. Instead, my cousins were already awake so I asked them to do breakfast. My family is not one to do brunch, but they were left without breakfast options this morning.

We had no idea where to go till we got into the car. First stop, Rooster Cafe, but there were too many people and my little cousin didn't deem it kid-friendly. My other cousin wanted to head to the beach so we decided on Alta Coffee. The cafe is on the Balboa Peninsula and is a picturesque Southern California surfer hole-in-the-wall.

I ordered the sunrise sandwich with egg whites, ham, cheese, avocado, and tomatoes on their homemade toast. 1/2 of breakfast and 1/2 for work.


My cousins shared their French toast and protein on the side. I definitely made the right choice because the French toast was just okay.

We walked off the food at the Irvine Farmer's Market. I haven't gone in a long time so I was extremely excited.


We walked around twice to listen to this man play.


My cousins!


I have to be at work at 1 but want to stop by Marshalls first so off I go.

Since I skipped today's workout, I'm definitely going to try a yoga podcast tonight. Make me accountable!

Do you go to brunch with your family? Who in your family comes?

Maybe it's time to invest in a new iPhone cover? My old one is too big and green - you can see the edges in each picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment