Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thin thoughts

Oh no, it rained last night and we had plans for a boot camp at the beach. Fortunately, it's Southern California and it quickly warmed up.




Today was the last day of the 30 Day Shakedown I participated in. To end it with a bang, we went to the beach and had a gorgeous view of the ocean while working out. The rain didn't make a difference since the sand would be wet anyways.

We ran. For a girl who dislikes running, I did okay... at least on the sidewalk. Running on the sand in shoes was more difficult - I kept veering towards the ocean. I told my fellow boot camper to come get me if I fell into the ocean. Hah. :)

Besides running, we did walking lunges (my favorite!), crab walk squats, burpees, push-ups, plank, surrender squats, and more. It was fun and I got a good little sweat and some sand in my pants.

After a shower and another English muffin with egg whites and cheese, I mailed my Foodie Penpal package. I decided on a bubble-wrapped mailer and am reminding myself to make sure the food I buy will fit into a small flat rate box next time. The medium flat rate box is double the price! :/

They were sampling thinkThin bars at Mother's Market. I've seen them everywhere and they go on sale quite often. I hadn't heard much about them until I read Fitting It All In. I bought the chocolate espresso to stash in my bag. It's high in calories so I'm likely to eat half at a time.



I also made myself an apple cider vinegar drink after dinner (thanks to Clare's post): 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, lemon, stevia, and water. It's a good replacement for the more expensive Bragg's apple cider vinegar drink.



I stopped by Costco for some spinach and remembered why Saturdays are not ideal. Then I started reading The Hunger Games but fell asleep. I definitely need to finish it up because it's too tempting to read and not study.

And I invested $40 in this 5K! It's kind of expensive, but I figure if I'm going to do a run, I might as well do a good one.



Tomorrow is a long day. I was asked to work from 11-6 instead of 11-3. I guess we've had some good days - are workout clothes a popular Valentine's Day gift option or something?

One last thing, think thin thoughts:



How was the weather in your neck of the woods today? Does weather ever prevent you from working out?
Have you tried any new food items or remedies?

1 comment:

  1. The weather here is so cold!It is in the 20's and the wind makes it feel like 0. It's so harsh. That doesn't stop me from working out at all since I workout in a gym. If I were to work out outside that would be another story lol.
    I recently tried cocoacardio and it was not for me. I thought the taste was horrible to be honest. I never tried the apple cider vinegar but plan to very soon.
    Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete