Monday, February 20, 2012

Julie Golightly (LiveFit Day 8)

"I Love Lucy" is on! Squealing! I haven't watched it in a long time. It reminds me of my childhood, staying home from school, and watching the show.

I'm off of "school" today but because it's President's Day. I slept in again, and whoa, the sleep was good.

I finally woke up at 8 and made breakfast.


(2 egg whites plus, some oatmeal)

After an hour of "cooking" and lazing around, I rode my bike to the gym. It took me ~5-10 minutes... and I wore my new jacket!


I started with 5 minutes on the elliptical. It was hot and steamy in there so I quickly worked up a sweat. Not having done machines in awhile was beneficial - my heart rate easily shot up.

My workout today was actually better than last Monday despite doing less weight. Over the weekend, I read that I should only lift 65%.


I lifted better and probably more properly, and didn't hurt my shoulders by doing too much. I did a lot better with my triceps, particularly the overhead extension. Because of the availability of equipment and space on President's Day, I ended up doing wide push at the end... impossible.

I remember when I was in my lifting prime a couple of summers ago, I actually only did 10s and 12s on top. I didn't try insane weights - that can come later. :)

I enjoyed a post-workout shake: a scoop of MRM Whey Rich Vanilla with almond milk. I had some yesterday as well and it's delicious. The price is good too!



I ran some errands - got gas, stop by the ATM, and run by Trader Joe's. I chose soy cheese over my usual goat cheese!


I saw these on M.C. Barao's tumblr and decided to try them. They went perfectly with my turkey burger and toast.


My cousin helped me make Jamie Eason's Italian turkey burgers last night. He chopped veggies for me.



The burgers are huge!


Tips: Put your toast on the top instead. Our toaster is broken so the middle unit doesn't heat up. And before it pops up, turn the toaster right side up. My toast flew at me!

So its been a day off school but alas, I have to work tonight.

What are your usual weights for upper body? I've tried to gauge how much I should do based on others' recs. While this is good to give me an idea, I should decide which weights are better for me. Duh.
How do you celebrate President's Day?
Okay, who celebrates it?

5 comments:

  1. Julie! Thank you so much for the foodie penpal box!! Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "I Love Lucy" It is my absolute favorite show. I have the complete series lol.

    For my upper body I go pretty light. The trainer at my gym set me up on 14 for biceps, 26 for triceps, and 36 for fly's, and 26 for chest press. So I really do not go that high. Before the trainer I was pushing way to much and hurting myself. I realized I do not need to lift so much to get results.
    -I wish I could celebrate presidents day but unfortunately I was working so it was like every other day for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had season 1 but something weird happened to it - the back has watermarks? Not sure how that happened since all my other DVDs are okay.

      Whoa, you're a trooper on those weights. I used to lift lighter when I was in awesome shape, and when I look at really lean & muscular ladies at the gym, they lift lighter than I do. I would love to lift more (to be strong) as well as look good so I'll work up to it. We all have to start somewhere though.

      Haha, there's not a lot to do on President's Day anyhow.

      Delete
  3. Ps for some reason It wont let me use my website to comment so strange lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed it to another setting. Let me know if it works better. I can click onto your profile and see your blog though!

      Delete