Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Where's MY Julie?... and other obstacles

I wanted to do something else today. Something besides getting on a machine for 30 minutes before step class. I tried Fitnessista's arms and abs workout in her week 3 Summer Shape Up 2011 post.

First, some running. Yeah, I said it. I would run 5 minutes at 6 MPH - 10 minute miles are pretty good for me. AND, it didn't kill me; it was actually a pretty good pace. FOUR minutes in, the fire alarm goes off. Seriously. I ran out. I guess that counts.

When I got back, I did the rest of the workout: pretty basic things. Nothing was too difficult to learn.

I really have been looking forward to step classes with Julie ever since I quit my job.

I almost turned around when I saw the other Julie. Okay, I dislike the step format she teaches; it's the format introduced by the franchise - they face you and squats and lunges are never really squats and lunges because you it goes to fast to do a proper one. I'm a stickler for proper form. Plus, this wasn't my Julie who is honest-to-goodness one of the best instructors ever.

Ugh, I plowed through anyways then did yoga. That lifted my spirits a little. I've been building arm muscles and can do my chaturanga dandasana/push-ups, basically lowering down my body with a slow tricep push-up. Pretty awesome right?


(image from Women's Health)

I came home and ate since all I had before was a Shakeology. For lunch, I pan fried a trout sausage and had some green beans with lemon dijon dressing.



After a nap and a super scary moving nightmare, mom and I headed to the West Asheville Tailgate. We bought some plain Jane goat cheese that I'm going to try to flavor this time around. Usually, I just eat it all before I figure out what I want to put in it. Mom had some fresh juice and I bought a gluten-free chocolate date cake from Local 338. I'm so glad they were there with their deliciousness again this week. I had a bite - see?


I took mom to Earth Fare for their Tuesday good ole supper, or something like that, of prime rib, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Of course, I didn't eat that. Instead, I picked up a ton of library books to look at tonight.



Some are for browsing, some are for reading. I'm excited.

Speaking of books, I read The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped last night and came away with the following:
  • What proteins are best, particularly fish
  • That a cooler is essential
  • Eat 6 meals a day and format my food planning this way:
Things I've taken from others (Jillian Michaels and Kris Carr):
  • No dairy
  • No soy
  • Take a probiotic
I was hoping to find a great and easy recipe in the books, but I gave up and just had a Tera's Whey chocolate protein drink with half banana. Not so fancy.

Fun links for ya today:

No comments:

Post a Comment