Monday, June 27, 2011

Those 23 little things

Hey there, in a couple of weeks I'll be in my mid-twenties. I'm excited because the other day, as I described how I had accumulated a bunch of junk in my early twenties, someone said, You're still in your early twenties! Yes, I know, but I can't say I accumulated a bunch of junk in my late teens. That just sounds so wrong...

Last year I made a list of 23 things to do at 23. What was I thinking?! Here they are once again:
  1. Get down to 115. Then... yeah...
  2. Work as a teacher's assistant. This job sucked.
  3. Study for and take the GREs. New plans and will take them when I'm ready to go to grad school.
  4. Go to the NC Apple Festival over Labor Day.
  5. Visit Palm Springs in December.
  6. Watch classic Halloween movies.
  7. Bake doughnuts. And they turned out amazing!
  8. Take the Praxis II. Too late now. Oops
  9. Become a group fitness instructor. TurboKick certified in March!
  10. Visit Austin. This would've been a big trip.
  11. Plan for my home. I have this all done. I don't know why, but I like to get lost in dreams.
  12. Visit Savannah. I didn't get a chance to go with all this moving nor did I go over spring break because of that expensive speeding ticket...
  13. Move. I'm doing this 2 days before I'm 24!
  14. Keep a written journal. I have an obsession with perfection on paper...
  15. Camp. I almost went 3 times. I decided this is unrealistic for the time being. I'm not much of a camper, but it's on my live list.
  16. Go see a doctor!
  17. Get US history plans finished. I just saw these things again and attempted to organize them. Fun stuff.
  18. Have no credit card balance.
  19. Use cash only. This was a tall order eh?
  20. Make potstickers.
  21. Have a garage sale. Done!
  22. Finish my dresser. Good reminder to do that before I leave...
  23. Buy a pair of Nike Air Frees. They're the best shoes ever!
I bolded the things I've done. A lot of them weren't quality ones so I'm excited to make my to do list at 24. I want it to resemble Joy the Baker's. I agree with her, I'm not too sad I didn't finish all of those things.

At least I got the important stuff done.

I can still work on them if I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment