Friday, June 24, 2011

Kick butt Friday circuit and more

I was lucky enough to wake up and go to Sarah’s amazing boot camp class. It’s one of the few classes where I’m a little scared. Nothing is set like it is in the Power (Body Pump like) class. She set up a circuit for us today and I loved it.


This is Sarah when she was trying out for the Orlando Fantasy in the Lingerie Football League.

I warmed up by myself for 25 minutes on the upright bike, sweat dripping into the little crevices on the machine. Gross, but awesome. I cleaned it up.



We started off with legs: squats and lunges.

We did the circuit 2 times for a minute and a half.
  • Plank on a bosu ball
  • Clean & press + overhead presses with a bar – 22.5 lbs which includes the bar
  • Up up down down on step
  • Kettlebell swings – I did 15 lbs alternating arms
  • Ab rollout on stability ball
  • Bicycle crunches – my least favorite
We did a third circuit.
  • Mountain climbers on a bosu ball
  • Bicep curls with the bar – 22.5 lbs
  • Push-ups on the step
  • Alternating kettlebell swings… I was already doing this
  • Ab rollout on stability ball
  • Again, bicycle crunches ☹
I watched “Just Go With It” and napped before I woke up, a little shaky, and hit the gym again.
Workout #2 of the day included a 10 minute mile then some walking.

I was glad to see Ashley teach Turbo. Though the other instructor is my absolute fave, I needed to do another round (in Turbo speak, it’s the routine).

Next up, some yoga. I needed that. The instructor today is relaxing in her tone and her outlook on life. She makes funny noises and says cute things. When I first met her, she reminded me of one of the education profs in college; they even look alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment