Friday, June 3, 2011

Doesn't make a difference



Despite the change, we're still missing portion control. When I was younger, I thought every meal needed everything to be a meal. These made for large meals and of course, I got pretty huge...

Thus, I don't think this will make a difference. We all know to eat more veggies and fruit. We have to DO IT.

I disagree with the need for dairy. Calcium is found in leafy greens. Cavemen didn't drink milk from cow's udders. No, we're not cavemen, but they were in good physical shape minus diseases and natural disasters that we can prevent now. I'm a fan of almond milk. :) I've experienced less mucus since cutting out dairy - I've read a ton about this.

There are no fats, sweets, and oil. Those are necessary though to your body, but not including it at all is fine because we get all those in our diet usually.

Food trials and tribulations
After many mistakes, I've come to realize that we should eat REAL FOOD. Non-fat, low-fat, fat-free isn't pretty. Read the labels for high fructose corn syrup or maltodextrin. As a fan of sweets, I saw this on labels quite often. Nowadays, I don't go cheap on my sweeteners - I use stevia or agave nectar.

For a little while, I tried high raw, a diet consisting of mostly raw foods. It doesn't work for me because I'm eating calorie-packed nuts. It was a fun challenge but hard to sustain for long periods of time.

Veganism or vegetarianism are things I've dabbled with because I don't eat a lot of meat anyways. I've got a sweet tooth so this was never a problem. I try to get more meat though because it's not as calorie-dense as nuts for protein. I'm sticking to vegetarianism because I like eggs and occasional meat. We don't need meat everyday. Though I don't consume soy because soy is pretty much like corn (the gross kind described in movies like "King Corn").

My diet right now consists of what I consider clean eating with the occasional sweet. I just love 'em to much to give it up. I talk about working out a lot, but diet is really important. It dictates whether my belly is big or small and if my body is wobbly or tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment