Thursday, June 16, 2011

I have a spoon & a jar of peanut butter. It's that kind of night.

I love my roommate almost everyday except he's... like my father. More like my brother. When he gets upset at me, I get really frustrated.

I won't go into the details, but I was just being nice to others.

And no, I guess the night ended up being kind of bad.

After working hard on croissants for a couple of days now. I tried the Tartine recipe. Stupid me. I tossed it after trying to "laminate" the dough. Maybe one day, but I don't think French pastries will be my thing.


Secondly, I tried to make a batch of macarons. The recipe ended up too runny so I tossed those too.

Ugh. Also I didn't eat well today. I had two spelt bagels and a Shakeology for breakfast and dinner and forgot lunch altogether. This would've been fine, but I worked out and was irritated because I didn't eat and hadn't eaten too well. Sugar and carbs... no good.

I made bagels this morning. Yummy bagels and realized that the camera I took pictures with does not have a cord. So I took a picture of the only bagel left, the one I made my roommate: chicken and caramelized onions with goat cheese topping.


They were amazing. These are the first bagels I've ever made and I'm so proud of this success.

Other successes today:

Coconut & mango curd cupcakes
which I'll take to the preschool tomorrow.



Chocolate dipped coconut macaroons


To save myself from the jar of peanut butter I'm diving into with a spoon, I'm going to bed and look at Pinterest and pin things. Good idea.

Plus, you know I did have some success. I just overdid it.

Tomorrow is a NO BAKE day. And a no sweets/no carb kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment