Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So far not so good

Old 1970s sign for Asheville:

I've been busy all day preparing for mom and aunt's arrival.

I hit up the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical, an amazing step class, and then a rough yoga due to so much sweat from step. I saw one of the parents from the preschool who was confused about why I was at the gym and not at work. Yeah, I quit. Maybe I can start my side business as a Beach Body coach. My Turbo instructor Julie started up hers and gave me an informational video.

I went to Amazing Savings to get some supplies. I bought my mom some Van's healthy berry burst waffles, yogurt, spelt flour, and a few other things I can't even recall now.

Next up, back to the house where I cleaned the kitchen. I cleaned the counters, organized drawers, and cleared out the fridge. I did my least favorite chore, dishes.

While I was doing this, my roommate and our friends went outside and did yard work. They were a force to be reckon with. I bought them a meatsa pizza from Digable Pizza for all their work.


I stopped by the West Asheville tailgate market for some goodies. I finally bought some bread: challah from Loaf Child Bakery, a gluten-free chocolate muffin & my favorite figgy buckwheat spiral from Local 338, and a head of lettuce.




Then it was off to pick up mom. So far she's been either quiet because she's not feeling too good or she's pissed. My aunt says she's frustrated because she's not feeling well. It's very frustrating.

At least they brought dried hibiscus flowers for snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment