Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making changes

I planned on making meals for my mom and aunt. Aunt's a vegan, which I can totally do. But they're picky. They won't eat scallops! Apparently no one knows how to cook scallops.

Instead of a nice scallop dinner last night, I chewed random things in the kitchen: 1/3 a brown rice tortilla, a French macaron, and 1/2 baked doughnut. Not good.

So today, I had my green juice (spinach, cucumber, pineapple) to start off the day. I took a nap after just 3 hours of being up. I didn't set my alarm this morning, but I woke up at 7AM like always. I slept for an hour, woke up, peed, and took another hour long nap.

I woke up and make myself 4 little pan-seared scallops with some spinach and a few blueberries.

I have so many scallops leftover now so I'll be eating that for a few days.

There's also a whole mashed yam in the fridge mom didn't want so I'll have to figure out what to do with those. :/

I'll have to make changes to my menu plan and cook these:

This morning my aunt cut up one of the mangoes she brought. I decided to make mango curd. I'm out of butter though so I'll have to wait.

Mango curd needs egg yolks... and macarons need egg whites. Perfect since I have so much to eat, I don't need to eat egg whites also.

With those sweet potatoes, I'm thinking about sweet potato glow spirals on brown rice tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment