Monday, June 6, 2011

Good ol' girl: hiking & baking

On Sunday, I went hiking with Robbie, Svitlana, and Kyle. The 45-minute hike was nice, I found a meditation rock, and then sat in a hammock for a couple of hours. The water was clear and we could see trout.


On our way back, we decided to use the lesser known path. We couldn't find it. Pretty much, I can sum it up by saying that I swung from trees like a monkey and traversed slippery rocks along a river. I didn't get scraped up too badly though, but I was ashamed to be worse than a 5 1/2 month pregnant woman on this trek. Okay, she grew up in a village along the Ural Mountains whereas I grew up in the 'burbs.

I can say that I have endurance. At the end, I was trucking along while everyone else needed a break.

Afterwards, I was so hungry after having only a Shakeology and an apple all day. I ate at the Earth Fare hot bar again because it was half off! I couldn't wait for us to get home and then grill so I took grilled chicken and tomatoes and cucumbers for lunch the next day.

I didn't work out yesterday, but I did today and baked some even though I didn't really want to. It just gave me something to do.

Yeah, I ate half of a slice of vegan blueberry-banana bread with cream cheese frosting (made with Tofutti).

I also made vegan vanilla bean cupcakes with a cookies and cream frosting. This is the only regular sized one. All others are minis.
Off to bed for my last full day of work! I'm going to miss my co-workers and maybe some of the children...

No comments:

Post a Comment