Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sparkly nails & pretty food

I don't eat enough and I know it. So I'm starting clean eating. I've mentioned this like 30 million times today, but so far it seems like the best plan. High raw wasn't going to work and I knew it, but it was a great theory for perfectionism in eating.

Clean eating seems accessible so I'm about to go pick up my copy of Tosca Reno's "The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped." I checked out a copy at the grocery store and am going to use my $20 Barnes & Noble gift card to buy the book.



We have an hour to get there, but first, I have to share what I've done all day.

Nothing. I ate half of my panna cotta I made yesterday. They were too good to pass, but I'll have to. What's wrong with some egg and gelatin? Protein right there. Okay, I'll stop it.

Woke up late then went to Wally World with my mom. Before I hit the gym, I did my nails.



I got the idea from Emily over at Cupcakes & Cashmere. Typically, I would never buy sparklies, but this was a pretty cute idea. The purple and blue sparklies were also 97 cents so what's to lose?

I'll admit, with my hair in a high and a little off to the side ponytail, I felt like I was Rainbow Brite or My Little Pony.

Shakeology in the blender makes it more voluminous than when shaken in the cup.




The gym was hard. I rode the upright bike for 30+ minutes. Instead of just 30 minutes, I've started doing three 5Ks according to the machine.

I rowed for 5 minutes before I had to pee. I have to pee a lot when I work out. Then I tried to lift, but 12s weren't happenin' today. Just 10s.

Then to Zumba. The instructor today is more athletic and sorry to say, but totally devoid of dance moves. It didn't really flow well and the moves were new so I was tripping over my feet. In the end, I just did what I could to stay up. I was really exhausted... probably from not eating enough this morning. I pulled out some kettlebell work, but hung up the towel before yoga.

I got some Electro-Mix to restore my water loss and help me focus a little better.

After the gym, I bought mom some organic bananas, chose some Fiber One cereal, and some plain Greek yogurt.

MyFitnessPal is awesome. It tells me all the nutrients I require so I was able to put entries in and see if they fulfilled what I need.

In the end, I went for 1/2 cup of Fiber One, 1/2 cup of Brown Cow plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 Pink Lady apple, and a slice of banana, mango puree, goji berries, and chia seeds as garnishes.



Perfect.

Now off to buy this book! I can't wait to read it tonight... and clean. There's so much cleaning to do and I won't lie, mom's done most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment