Monday, June 27, 2011

On a (baking & yoga) flooow

I was all set to go. I did my 30 minutes on the elliptical and got ready for yoga. I saw the instructor but then he disappeared!

The group fitness room was out of order for the weekend for Zumba training so we had classes on the basketball court. I saw him looking at the signs stating this, but when I was ready for yoga time, he was gone.

So once again, I went home and popped in Beachbody’s old faithful “Slim in 6.” I love this video for the squat section. My bottom totally feels it.

Lunch was an egg puff with veggies and black bean hummus from Roots Cafe.



Then I decided to bake. A lot.

I was excited to finish my chai tea crème brulee I started last night. It turned out good, but without a blowtorch, I couldn’t get the crunch. The taste was mild and not very sweet so mom like it.



On my list of things to make is a crumble in addition to a pecan pie, a Long Beach lime pie, a tart, a cobbler, and all the other kinds of flaky summery fruit things.

I decided to make an easy crumble per Joy the Baker’s peach and raspberry crumble recipe except I used what I could find: peaches and blackberries. They were so good and easy, and a far call from my usual buttery and fluffy cakey things.




I’m describing everything in such a weird way…

Anyways, after crumble-making, I tried another Joy recipe: lemon & matcha marble pound cake. My mom bought a Sara Lee pound cake and I was outraged. I don't like buying baked goods that come in the frozen section or from the store. If I buy any, they come from a bakery, a good one to boot too.


So I told my mom I would make a pound cake. I had the rum pound cake with pineapple sauce and rum whipped cream. I made that too.


I liked the rum pound cake more. It was fluffier. The lemon and matcha was heavy and what I guess a real pound cake is supposed to resemble.

Realization: mom doesn't like pound cakes, just the Sara Lee kind.

All dirtied up, I went to a new class: kickin' flow with this hottie instructor. It was a chick, but she had the body I wanted and her yoga class was intense. It was little too intense for me at some parts, but I learned a new term: binding. Basically, it's grabbing your hands or arms together instead of having them up to the sky or by your heart.


I hoped to pawn off my baked goods on our couple friends and on the preschool staff tomorrow. Our couple friends came over and chatted for a good long time while we shared beer (I tried some) and ate some crumble.

We also plans in the making for my going away/birthday bash, which I'll share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment