Thursday, June 30, 2011

Semi-seasonal baking: cupcakes from a melon

Yesterday I bought a giant watermelon that I carried like a baby home. I don't really like watermelon, but my mom, aunt, and my roommate do. I like watermelon Sour Patch Kids though I abstain from candy.

That doesn't mean I can't make watermelon cupcakes and eat half of a big one right?



They were good. The inside was okay. I didn't have any food coloring and the spelt flour didn't take to the watermelon flavoring well. However, the frosting. Oh my goodness, the frosting was glorious and very watermelon-y. The frosting took the watermelon flavoring's pink color too.



I was also out of black ball decorations so I used some green jimmies instead. Still cute.

Next up, I have a strawberries.

Before I head out for my nap before Turbo Kick, what's your favorite kind of melon? Watermelon isn't mine. Nor is the flavor. I like honeydew most. :)


(image from me, here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment