Thursday, June 30, 2011

Easy eating in the summertime.

Wake up. Eat Greek yogurt, apple sauce, and matcha. Ride upright bike for 30 minutes. Zumba. Stop by Bake It Pretty for green tilt-a-whirl liners. Get books from the library (Good Neighbor Cookbook and The Wonderful Future That Never Was). Eat leftover chicken kebob with veggies.


(image from Bake It Pretty)

Great book. Lots of good recipes. My favorites: cheddar-scallion cornbread, chipotle-pineapple guac, lime & chile crab dip, Earl Grey shortbread cookies, and chili-rubbed roast turkey bread and jalapeno cranberry sandwiches.


I'm excited about the shortbread cookies because I love sweets but also because I was talking to Ian of Sugarbomb Bakery about cookie cutters. I never get to use them because I don't like cookies that would need cookie cutters. I also don't like waiting to refrigerate cookie dough. He gave me a great tip for refrigerating cookie dough:
  • Don't forget it's better to roll out the dough between two sheets of waxed paper before placing it in the fridge. Otherwise, it'll be too hard to roll afterwards and then it'll get too soft. Here's the video from Bake It Pretty:


One last thing, I'm making these. Today. After the realtor comes and does all her chatting. Ugh, the things we have to do.


(image from Bakingdom)

No comments:

Post a Comment