Thursday, June 23, 2011

Comfort in obsession

I get obsessed easily. With everything.

Guys. Gosh, let’s not go there. I’m staying away from them till I can manage/balance guys.

I got obsessed with baking. I’m still a little bit, but I think now I’m more into learning techniques: macarons, macaroons, bagels, fancy stuff. That’s good. Crème brulee and some summer pies and I’m good to go. I’ll have to get over this when I get back to California and don’t want to burn anyone’s house down. I’m going to get obsessed with cooking instead.

Raw food. I did that for a good week and then high raw or partially raw for a long while after that.

Now I’m into eat-clean. That might be the perfect obsession.

So I’ve had a lot of different obsessions. Good and bad.

Working out is good, mostly.

My training schedule this week has been insane. Not working gives me too much time to do nothing so I hit the gym.

Today, I woke up and rode the upright bike for 30 minutes and finished my 5K. Good challenge there.

Then I went to lift weights. Not good. Last week, my chest was doing great. My shoulders are always good to go. This week, without changing technique, I’ve been feeling my shoulders when I do chest workouts and triceps workouts instead of the muscle I’m supposed to be working.

This could be because my muscles need rest or I need to refocus my muscles. Sometimes just thinking about the muscle I’m working helps me work it. I definitely need to start thinking during squats though my wonderful knees and lower back make it hard to get through it.

Home. Eat. Nap.

I woke up after an hour (no alarm nowadays!) and made myself a Shakeology to go. I stopped by the newest Wednesday tailgate market in Montford to just check it out then hit the gym a bit early.

I ran. Yeah, not just 5 minutes. I chose to run a mile in 10 minutes. I’m joining you runners out there. A 5K is in sight yet! I’ve decided that I’m going to run at least a mile everyday this week.

Next, 10 minutes of rowing and finally some legs. I tried my legs on some hamstring curls. Ouch at 30 pounds. Sad right? Then some inner thigh machine.



When I said finally, I meant stuff on my own. I went to hip hop express (25 minutes) and had a good time except I’m still working on the “star” move – I can’t seem to change directions.



Sculpt was a tough one, but I felt my chest workouts. I could tell I was getting tired from the long day of workouts already.

Turbo didn’t go well. I was fatigued. I got through it, but it was one of the most tiring sessions I’ve had thus far.

Bonus: I chatted up a cute boy, but he might be like 19. Yeah, nooooo… at least he has a job. Goodness knows that’s a step up. Roommate said I should just look for a good personality, but my experiences have taught me that I see guys far below me and everyone will tell you that. So I’m now requiring a good personality, a vehicle (not a scooter), and a job or really in school for a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment