Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Powerfully fishy

I started off Monday early with 25 minutes of biking then Power (Body Sculpt-like) class.

Eating clean is going okay. I've been upping my protein and fiber intakes. Eggs have become less fun so I bought tilapia yesterday.

I baked a fillet and likely sprinkled some coconut with a base of coconut flour, a tad bit of egg yolk, and water. I baked the fillet for 8 minutes at 425 degrees then topped it off with a green curry paste + almond milk mix.

I ate half and gave mom the other half.

I shared half of Creme Bakery's florentine filled foccacia with mom.

After just messing around and not napping, I went to hot Ashtanga yoga. It was... rough. Some of the moves are similar to power yoga classes. It involves lots of vinyasas, jumping into sitting from there, head/hand/shoulder stands, and moves like the first one in this picture below:


(image from Ashtanga Yoga)

Afterwards, I went to the library to return some books and then took my mom and aunt to get cheap wings on Monday at East Village Grille. They love the breaded tiger wings.

I, on the other hand, waited to come home for my tilapia with chipotle tomato sauce with green beans and a slice of red bell pepper topped with a little Earth Balance.


The end of my night was pretty relaxed. I drank my favorite Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea. I would never have picked this tea off the shelf, but it has a wonderful sweetness.



I really needed the proverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment