Saturday, December 11, 2010

One last thing in the kitchen

Besides what's in the pantry, what about extracts and other liquids like olive oil, baking powder/soda, and more decorative things such as coconut, chocolate chips, etcetera?

Items that can go in flip-top jars:
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • bittersweet chocolate chips
  • cocoa powder
  • white chocolate chips
  • other chocolates
  • dried coconut in a small jar
  • dried fruit
  • caramelized ginger
I'm not sure what words to type into Google to find a way to creatively store my extracts and liquids. I typed in a basic, "how to store vanilla extract," and found lots of vanilla extract recipes. Hm, I could make some, but anyways, I can use more decorative bottles for these. I can also clean out any 500mL liquor bottles for such. We have lots of liquor bottles and possibly some interesting ones.
  • olive oil
  • white vinegar
  • red vinegar
  • honey
  • molasses
  • soy sauce
I have extracts in smaller amounts so I hope I can find some smaller bottles. I also have pistachio and peanut butter extracts that probably are too small in quantity to require bottles at all. Plus, the bottles are nice and glass.
  • lemon juice and lime juice can be kept in their shapely bottles for easy squeezy
  • vanilla extract
  • almond extract
  • peppermint extract
  • lemon extract
  • vanilla bean paste, whose bottle is perfect if I can find more of them


No comments:

Post a Comment